We are looking for an operational minded BI developer/Data engineer to develop, maintain and support reporting Cubes in Azure Analysis Service for the Effectmakers Business Management System. You will be part of our operations group which works with supporting existing clients as well as onboarding new clients.
Do you have a passion for working with Microsoft Analysis Services and SQL to deliver the foundation for fast, efficient and reliable Analysis Service Cube? Then this could be the job for you.
We are looking for an operational minded person who takes pride in a stable service for our customers. The position is a mix between development and operations with a focus on operations. We are working with our own design patterns and we expect you to work structured and faithful to the agreed ways of working and seek consensus in the group before any changes are applied to the patterns and before any new technologies are applied in production environments.
- Ensure reliable near real-time updates of the reporting Cubes.
- Monitor and support daily Cube operations.
- Maintain existing Cubes.
- Add new functionality to the Cubes.
- Continuously improve and document our Cube design patterns.
- Improving our own-developed Cube management system.
- Automatic provisioning of new custom-made Cubes.
- Ensure data updates reliability.
- Testing the Cube reliability and performance in controlled, real environments before going live.
- Recommend improvements to existing programs and technology as necessary.
You will be working with Microsoft technologies, especially SQL Server, Azure Analysis Services and Visual Studio.NET.
- You have 3-5 years of experience from a similar role.
- You have experience with Azure Analysis Services.
- Your mindset is equally on development and ongoing operations.
- You have a strong business understanding.
- You are a quick learner.
- Experience from CPG/FMCG companies is an advantage.
- Proven skill on both the technologies and business side.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant is required.
- Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English is a must.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Being flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- You have strong attention to detail.
Furthermore, you should have excellent interpersonal skills, a natural curiosity for knowledge and development, and logical thinking.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience, as well as, a personal development career path. A good work environment in the center of Copenhagen, area of Kødbyen. Moreover, we are an international company where we communicate in English both internally and with our customers.