The purpose of the role is to enable and support a performance driven organization through management and implementation of projects, processes and systems that support the business and the NWEA TM&D agenda especially within – and through all Business Intelligence areas.
BAT Globally has implemented a Global support BI Cloud based solution in Azure in which BAT NWEA BI has its own instance. We are aiming to consolidate our full portfolio of reporting capabilities within this instance and has started this journey on on-boarding both internal and external hosted systems. A huge part of this role is to actively take responsibility and ownership of consolidating existing systems as well in parallel be ready for new Business requirements primarily based on new data sources.
Key objectives for the role are to prepare, support, develop and consolidate BAT NWEA BI Enterprise Data Platform and current diverse portfolio of internal and external reporting applications to latest BI and Advanced Analytics technology based upon Cloud based technology hosted in MS Azure through a Globally defined Infrastructure. The data sources consist of Global data source integrations (SAP, Salesforce) and local internal/ external data sources through usage of Power Automate, Azure Blob, Wherescape, Snowflake, MS MDS services and Power BI as frontend tool.
Data management, Data modelling, Design & Build, and reporting support will be a central element in this journey as well as preparing for 1st class digital reporting both inside and outside Enterprise Data Platform.
You will be part of a team that plays a key role in several strategic BI initiatives that will transform the way BAT NWEA operate. We are continuously expanding our horizons and looking at how to create value to our customers and internally through application of the latest BI and Advanced Analytics technology.
You will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with all aspects of our business. You will be central to implementing new and vital BI assets for core Business processes in BAT NWEA which will give a unique insight into the exciting world of our business areas.
You will primarily be involved in the scoping, architecting, and advising on BI projects, while serving as a sparring partner in the team during the project life cycle. Your deliverables will be used by Backoffice and Field Force on different types of devices from Desktop to mobile devices.
Reports to: NWEA BI Head of Data and Analytics
Reporting Level: manages self + others
Geographic Scope: North West European Area
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Analysis and Data modelling for existing and new BI solutions.
- Design/ develop ETL flow including Backend Database and Middle tier activities for offshore builds.
- On-boarding and migration of external provided BI solutions into BAT NWEA BI Solutions.
- Main driver and member of project teams for digitalisation initiatives through structuring and supporting processes for collecting, storing, processing and analysing consumer/ customer data from various sources via different channels.
- Project Management related to BI and reporting Systems in general.
- Support in transforming and migration of current reporting portfolio to Power BI through MS Azure toolbox, Talend, Wherescape, Snowflake etc.
- Create and maintain documentation required to utilise NWEA BI system´s properly.
- Support deliverables for Super and End User training.
- Ensure consistent use of the BI system throughout the organisation by establishing appropriate local governance and that all relevant data are of highest quality to enable efficient and effective operation through a consolidated BI reporting solution.
- Deliver and embed new BI solutions within Business for execution
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and product owners across NWEA functions to collect and mature BI requirements against a strong Business Case to design new BI solutions using the latest BI and Analytics technology available.
- Actively assist and coach the NWEA BI team (internal as well as external consultants) in the subsequent agile development of solutions, ensuring the product meets product owner expectations.
- People Development – Support the implementation of People Capability Framework (PCF) and assess, facilitate, and communicate development programmes, coach team, and ensure succession planning and talent pipeline.
- Stakeholder Management – Ensure strong collaboration with End Markets as well as with back office stakeholders. Manage Global and Regional stakeholders to cement NWEA as a best practice Area and Cluster.
- This position also requires a drive towards experimenting with technology, developing prototypes together with the team and others. You will act as the highest-level technology domain expert on BI and Analytics technology, responsible for advising NWEA on maximizing the use of available technology to solve business critical problems.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have experience in driving transformation journey in data and systems in other companies (data modernisation)?
- Do you have experience in driving best practices in solution architecture in other organisations?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in data modelling and solution architecture in Marketing related functions.
- You have experience from a BI consultant or developer role, with hands on experience developing ETL, Data Warehouse and BI solutions in an enterprise environment. Preferably using Snowflake, Microsoft SQL Server, and the Microsoft BI- or similar BI platform technology.
- University degree in Business, Business Information, or IT preferable.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Knowledge in Power BI.
- Knowledge in Azure Cloud Analysis, Azure Tools (Storage account, SQL, Data factory, Blob Storage).
- Experienced in SQL and Snowflake DB, Wherescape and ETL tools.
- IT skills at advanced level.
- Pro-active, creative, and dynamic, who can work independently with high drive, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Have strong analytical skills, with a holistic view of BI assets when architecting new solutions.
- Can communicate and interact with stakeholders at different levels across functions within the organization.
- Power Automate, PowerApps.
- MySQL and Amazon Redshift DB.
- Preferably with knowledge of all underlying software of the TM&D system (e.g. SAP, Salesforce, Azure tools).
- Preferably with experience from the FMCG industry and previous experience in technical change transformation and data modernisation in other companies.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!