Are you a soon-to-be graduate with an interest for bridging the gap between IT and business? Would you like to be part of an Agile Release Train who focuses on our commercial and customer facing solutions? Do you want to influence the vital products, systems and services that help 500.000 people get from A to B every single day?
Then join DSB via our IT Graduate Program starting September 1st 2021.
What to expect
The DSB IT Graduate Program is a 24-month program that will push you out of your comfort zone and kick-start your personal and professional development.
Our graduate program offers you the chance to become part of a supportive network and to work with colleagues from all levels and across the organization.
The program includes your own mentor who will support you and give ongoing feedback and tangible career development plans throughout the full 24-month period.
The program covers three parts:
- An introduction to DSB as a whole and IT.
- Three 7-month rotations in different teams, both in and outside of DSB IT. Every rotation is a full position with clear responsibilities and expectations.
- A Graduate Community including special assignments together with the other graduates.
After completing the program, you will have acquired the skills and experiences that enable you to succeed in a large and complex organization – and most importantly you will have the opportunity to continue your career in DSB.
You will start together with 7 other graduates with the following profiles:
- User Experience Design Graduate
- IT Consultant Graduate
- Cyber Security Graduate
- Data Native Graduate
- Project Management Graduate
- IT Contract Controller Graduate
- Cloud Technology Graduate
What you will do
- Deep dive into customer needs as well as the function and architecture of relevant IT systems.
- Create detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions.
- Interact and engage with stakeholders – especially bridging the gap between the domain experts in IT and people on the commercial side.
- Analyzing and evaluating the processes and identifying areas of improvement.
- Presenting ideas and findings in meetings and workshops.
- Creating initiatives depending on the business’s requirements and needs.
- Developing projects and monitoring project performance.
- Working closely with senior management, partners, clients and technicians.
- Model requirements and validate solutions.
- Persuade internal and external stakeholders of the benefits of new technology or strategies.
- Oversee the implementation of new technology and systems.
- Run workshops and training sessions.
Who you will work with
As business analyst graduate your personal graduate program will be anchored in the ART for commercial development, but through your daily work and the rotations in the program you will get broad exposure to the whole organization – both in and outside of the IT department.
You will work directly with a wide range of people with different roles and backgrounds – including technical specialists, project managers, business owners and leadership.
You will be working in a highly commercially and user-oriented team in a mature SAFe 5.0 (Scaled Agile Framework) setup. We are agile to our core and always start with the end user and customer when initiating something new. Although we are a team in IT, we are working incredibly close with colleagues from all over DSB.
Why we need you
DSB has ambitious plans towards 2030 and is facing massive purchases of new trains and billions in investments in infrastructure. It requires a completely new way of running both the train operation and the company, and DSB is facing significant development of many areas.
Therefore, massive investments are being made in these years in implementing an ambitious digitization plan, which is expected to be fully executed in 2025.
In addition to this DSB IT have already undergone a significant transformation while embedding SAFe 5.0 and a true agile culture over the previous four years.
With these major changes the need for having the best people and the latest knowledge in the industry have grown. Graduates are an essential element of this – so join us in making DSB IT an attractive place to work with extraordinary talent and an inspiring culture.
Who you are
- You are excellent at communicating complex issues and solution designs to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You are outgoing and proactive.
- You are good at dealing with many stakeholders with distinct roles.
- You have top tier analytical skills.
- You are an excellent facilitator of meetings and workshops.
- You have a good understanding of technology and especially software development.
- Have achieved good results during your education.
- You have good English and Danish skills, both verbally and written.
- You have a maximum of one year of work experience after a completed master.
- Most importantly: you are eager to learn.
What we offer you
DSB plays a vital role in the lives of our 500.000 customers who visit our trains every day. As the biggest provider of public transportation in Denmark, we have a significant stake in keeping the country running and do so with pride.
We actively focus on our environmental responsibility, and it is our goal and ambition to make sustainable, collective transport the natural choice for everyone in Denmark.
As a new employee at DSB, you not only get a new job, but you also become part of a large community.
You can also look forward to:
- Own gym and a discount for Fitness World.
- Delicious lunch in our canteen.
- Free train rides throughout your time with us.
Your place of work will be in Høje Taastrup in our bright and welcoming offices. Obviously, we are situated close to public transport.