Are you ready to take a leading role in the Data & Analytics Architecture and solution space? And would you like to be part of a transformation journey in Vestas with a vision to bring Data & Analytics to the next level supporting a data driven agenda across the company? If yes, we encourage you to have a look at this career opportunity!
Global IT > Office of the CIO & Data & Analytics > Data & Analytics
Data & Analytics, part of Vestas Global IT, is responsible for products and services related to business intelligence and big data engineering and data modelling. This ranges across traditional business intelligence (BI) to data ingestion from multiple sources, data storage and data preparation enabling our internal colleagues performing analytics.
Data & Analytics is a strategic area within Vestas Global IT with the goal of becoming an increasingly relevant partner in business-critical solutions relying on data. We have a long tradition within BI, based on SAP, and we are continuously expanding our capabilities in order to meet current and future requirements supporting the overall vision of maintaining Vestas’ position as number 1 in the sustainable energy business.
In your position as Business Intelligence Architect, your primary responsibility will be to work closely together with Finance, plus potential other business areas, and through collaboration identify current gaps and future possibilities and turn them into concrete results. You will do this through:
- Engagement with business stakeholders to understand business situations and advice on domain specific aspects the best solutions for business demands
- Gather functional business requirements in close collaboration with Business, and translate these into solution designs, taking Enterprise Architecture standards and guidelines into consideration
- Providing expert knowledge of technical and architecture, and function as SME, setting and supervising the development of technical architecture principles, policies and standards
- Orchestrate sub-suppliers in the solution development phase
- Ensure the right level of quality in solutions to cater for the business criticality of the solutions
- Constantly research and evaluate domain specific technologies and opportunities
To be considered for this position you may hold a degree in Finance, Sales/Marketing, IT, Business Administration, Engineering or similar, which gives you a efficient, fact-based approach to your tasks. To qualify for the role, it is required that you have:
- Experience and extensive knowledge of Finance processes, SAP and SAP Business warehouse (BW) along with a solid business understanding which will enable you to be successful in this position
- Experience in SAP and SAP BI. Knowledge of the following technologies is considered beneficial: SAP Data Services, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAC Planning, SAP BPC/IP, SQL, Power BI, Analysis Services
On a personal level, we envision that you have/are:
- An open-minded and curious personality with good communication skills combined with a proactive and problem-solving approach to getting the job done
- Aspiration to learn and ability to work with no supervision, efficiently and with persistence
- Good cooperative skills in a global organisation with personal, professional and cultural diversity
- Ability to take ownership and effectively engage in continuous improvements within a broader perspective
- A team-oriented person who shows a flexible approach to the tasks at hand and wants to contribute to the common success of the team
What we offer
You will be a part of a highly dedicated and passionate team driven equally by creating business value and by developing innovative technical solutions.
We offer a place where your dreams of constantly learning can come true. We offer an informal and agile workplace with a high level of freedom in defining the way forward. We expect a lot of our team members when it comes to taking responsibility and ownership of tasks and deadlines, but we stand shoulder by shoulder when celebrating our achievements and mitigating our failures.