The Data Team at SOUNDBOKS aspires to enable data driven decision-making across our organization. We collect and prepare data, so that our end-users can use visualization tools in a self-serving fashion. We are just getting started and have the chance to improve workflows across the whole company.
As our Analytics Engineer you will take responsibility for setting up integrations for data collection, transforming data in our data warehouse/data lake, and ensuring the data availability in our visualization tools. You will also interact with key figures from other departments to investigate their data needs, subsequently defining your work on the data warehouse.
Okay, let’s make things a little more concrete. Here’s what we expect your daily life to look like:
- You will integrate different systems from SoMe platforms to ERP systems and e-commerce platforms into our data warehouse (BigQuery).
- You will work with transforming data and/or data modelling in the data warehouse to create incremental business impact out of our available data.
- You will create dashboards for a variety of purposes and teams.
- You will play an integral role in a new team at SOUNDBOKS and partake in shaping our choice of tech stack in the near future.
All in all, your key objective will be to make data available for everyone and allow the company to make better informed decisions across teams and functions.
In order to become a success in this role, we believe that your profile should be aligned with the bullets listed below. However, we acknowledge that success can take many forms, so please do apply even if you don’t tick all the boxes.
We imagine that you might come from a science or programming background with keen interest in business and technology. Professional experience is a definite plus, but we care mostly that you have a natural curiosity, love data and are proficient with the following concepts and frameworks:
- BigQuery (or any other data warehouse)
- AWS, Google Cloud (or any other cloud provider)
- Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio or any other visualization tool.
- Possess a basic knowledge of statistics.
- Git version control
- Database Knowledge (relational, non-relational, ACID, (de-)normalization, etc.)
Moreover, it would certainly be a plus if you are familiar with the following:
- Knowledge of distributed computing
- Managed Apache Spark (databricks)
- Knowledge of E-commerce & Marketing (e.g. what are conversion goals)
- Other programming experience
Intrigued? At SOUNDBOKS you’ll find yourself a part of a community. We realize that growth is a process and we don’t expect you to go through it alone. Actually, we guarantee that you won’t have to. We work together in order to work smarter, we inspire each other to be better, and we never forget that every member of the team is responsible for our success.