European Energy is an international company in exponential growth. We develop, build, and operate wind and solar parks globally as well as Power-to-X and energy storage projects. Consequently, we play a significant role in resolving the climate crisis by reducing the world’s CO2 emissions. Our HQ is in Søborg with a view of Copenhagen, and we have several local offices around the world. At present, we are +300 employees with 27 different nationalities, and we have installed green energy projects for over 18 billion DKK since 2004.
As our new Data Architect, you will be an essential part of our Asset Management team, supporting our digitalization and cloud journey. As a renewable energy developer, we handle time series data for wind and solar assets, and your primary focus will be on propelling the long-term strategy of how we acquire, store, consume, and distribute these data, thereby ensuring alignment throughout all technical areas. Through collaboration with our IT department and data engineers you will ensure that operations data warehouse will be maintained and developed according to the best practices.
As a person, you have an inspiring can-do-attitude, a growth mindset, and the curiosity to try new things. Your professional IT toolbox is solid, and you have experience working with the Microsoft Azure ecosystem, Microsoft’s BI stack, Data and AI tools. You moreover have experience with engineering software platforms and data infrastructures. You should also have extensive knowledge of enterprise architecture best practices and proven experience of building data platforms.
- Work closely with our Asset Managers to mature and scale our data architecture and future data analytics pipelines
- You will design, implement, and deliver highly scalable solutions based on modern cloud-based architecture
- Support, optimize, and automate our internal processes
- Identify opportunities and implement best practices to continuously improve our existing systems
- Deliver Modern Data Platform and Advanced Analytics solutions for clients
- Leverage technical insight, and build knowledge of business and IT strategy, the Azure ecosystem, data platform, and AI/IoT use cases
- Contribute to and define the high-level solution and act as functional expert on the project
- Build, administer, and scale data processing pipelines
- Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed, and efficiency of our existing Data systems
- Design, build and implement infrastructure and platform services using DevOps processes and infrastructure-as-code
Professional skills we expect from you
- You have an IT related, technical or another relevant degree (BSc or MSc), e.g., within computer science, computer engineering, data science or similar
- You have years of proven work experience as a Data Architect or a similar role, where you have gained extended experience building data platforms on cloud for reporting and analytics
- You have extensive practical experience working with Microsoft’s BI Stack (SSIS, SQL, SSAS and PowerBI) and Azure PaaS, including designing and developing large and complex data platform solutions based on Azure
- You have experience working with the Azure ecosystem including but not limited to: Azure Data Factory, Azure DevOps, Azure Data Lake, Azure Storage, etc.
- You have a good understanding of data architecture and data modelling, including building robust architecture and processing large amounts of data
- You have experience with complex SQL queries, programming in Python, C# or other object-oriented programming language, and you are not afraid to pick up any new languages or tools needed
- You have knowledge of integrating different systems using both REST and SOAP APIs
- You are a quick learner with good adaptability skills
We offer you the chance to work in a role with great responsibilities, with varying and exciting tasks in a fast-growing international company. In this role, you have an integral part in creating the IT platform for future growth. You will work with colleagues with different professional backgrounds and become a part of a work environment with a diverse and flat organization structure. We have a very flexible work environment, with the possibility of combining remote working with work from office. We are working in open offices, have access to a canteen with delicious food, free access to fitness rooms within the building, daily fruits, and several other employee benefits.