Within our Data & Analytics department, we are currently looking for a Data Consultant, who specializes in visual storytelling. We are looking for someone with a passion for data visualization and a keen sense of design, with a portfolio demonstrating design aesthetics and the ability to share business takeaways using data.
This role will bring design best practices to the work of the overall team, creating standards for internal front-end visualization (dashboards and tools) working cross functionally with technical partners, as well as participate in key projects with key stakeholders.
The position gives you an opportunity to be part of a strategic, important department where you can further build your analytics competences. We continuously improve our ability to deliver insights by using the right technology and develop our data skills.
In this role, you will get to
- Establish design standards to make dashboards more compelling and interactive, increasing the business impact.
- Partner with multiple data consultants, business analysts, data scientists and machine learning specialists, as well with other technical counterparts including data engineering and IT.
- Work as a data consultant on individual high priority projects to take analyzed data and transform into rich visual storytelling.
- Work independently and be empowered to provide the team and the company with quantitative visualization best-practices.
On the first day, we will expect you to have
- A MSc in Computer Science, Art, Design, Data Journalism, Graphic Design, or other technical or visual-related fields.
- Experience working with data visual design.
- Familiarity with commercial data visualization tools including Tableau.
- SQL experience.
About the Data & Analytics department
The Data & Analytics department is part of the Technology & Innovation division. We are currently +30 colleagues working within data consultancy, data engineering and data science. We aim to make a positive impact to the way we work with data in DFDS, helping our colleagues to unlock business value. We are a highly collaborative team with a high bar of rigorous analyses, and we love to have fun along the way. The position is aimed to be part of the data consultancy team.