We are taking Karnov Group’s use of data to the next level and are looking for a Data & DWH Engineer to be a key player in this journey. The candidate will work as part of our Group Technology function to deliver both solutions to customers, as well as provide internal stakeholders with data-based tools to do their job even better.
Karnov Group provides legal information products used for mission-critical legal research in the public and private sector in Denmark and Sweden, and our primary brands of Karnov and Norstedts Juridik have been known as market leaders among lawyers and other legal professionals for decades.
What we need you to do:
- Develop & maintain our current Datawarehouse platform together with our current Datawarehouse Engineer and in close cooperation with stakeholders, particularly from Finance
- Take part in ongoing Operation and Maintenance of the Datawarehouse
- Help support Data Science projects when needed, likely in the role of Data Engineer, i.e. find and prepare data for Data Science use cases, and bring these capabilities into operation
- Take part in managing our current data landscape, as well as define the to-be for it – and get us there. Be a steward for the data in Karnov Group
- Occasionally travel to our Stockholm office for meetings (once or twice a year).
- You enjoy working with a broad set of tools in many contexts, with your focus on the disciplines around data
- You have experience working with Datawarehouse technologies and grasp data structures easily
- You enjoy working in an informal setting and being hands-on with all aspects of the development and operational work.
- You have a natural curiosity, and use it to navigate large datasets, discovering relationships and assessing data quality as you go
- SQL and data modelling are second nature to you. We currently use MS SQL for our Datawarehouse, but other types of databases do not intimidate you
- Experienced with Data Visualization tools (We use Tableau)
- You are largely self-managed and can deal with multiple tasks in your backlog efficiently. You enjoy working in a team as well as independently.
- Your background ideally includes experience in working with Data Science and/or Product Development teams
- Experience with Agile Methodologies is a plus
- You are used to English as your primary working language. Fluency in Danish and/or Swedish is a bonus.
We offer a position in an ambitious company with great opportunities for professional and personal development with competitive salary and bonus, pension and health insurance, 6 weeks holiday and opportunities for further education and courses. You will have very high skilled colleagues working in a dynamic environment. We believe in close collaboration across the entire business to serve our customers every day. We value diversity and we take pride in acting as role models to always walk the talk and getting things done.
We aim to fill the position as soon as possible and will evaluate applications as they arrive.