As a member of the Global IT R&D team, you will be managing the R&D IT architecture landscape and create data tools using the latest technologies streamlining the research process.
You will be working in close partnership with the R&D leadership and organization, translating functional R&D requirements into future proofed architectural designs and platforms, supported by the R&D IT team and the IT organization at large.
In your role, you will be reporting directly into the Business facing R&D IT Lead, have on direct report, and interact closely with your business counterparts and the rest of the IT organization.
Your key responsibilities:
- Serving as a key partner in the access, processing, integration and definition of data assets.
- Streamlining and automating scientific data capture, analysis and visualization.
- Design, model, develop and support database management systems to improve accessibility and quality of scientific data.
- Proactively analyses and evaluates the business’s databases to identify and recommend improvements and optimization.
- Create data tools using the latest technologies and contribute to the transformation of the R&D area into automated and data centric laboratorios.
- Contribute to innovation by identifying and evaluating current and emerging scientific application platforms and data trends.
- Ensure all R&D IT data solutions and services provided meet architectural standards, and that they are aligned to the strategy and follow right governance.
Your qualification profile:
- 1-2 years of working experience in IT, preferably from R&D, engineering or similar technical field.
- You have a deep understanding of database technologies, data warehousing & ETL and a sound data management background.
- Data architecture & pipelining knowledge.
- Advanced analytics / machine learning concept knowledge.
- Scripting, reporting & data visualization knowledge.
- A genuine passion for working with IT and new technologies and an ability to quickly learn new concepts.
- You are team oriented, service minded, and have experience in managing smaller teams.
- Experience working in a global set-up with multicultural teams.
- A Master’s degree with focus on IT, Scientific Computing and / or Biotechnology.