This position offers a unique opportunity to develop and apply your cutting-edge knowledge of data science methods, and software and data engineering to create results and insights that are transforming the transport and logistics industry. As a Data Engineer with Maersk, you will be part of the community of data & engineering practitioners across the company, where we develop the foundations of our future business.
• We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward action.
• We value customer outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
• We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
• We offer the freedom, and responsibility, to shape the setup and the processes we use in our community
• We support continuous learning, including through conferences, workshops and meetups.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a growing and dynamic team that solves some of the toughest problems in the industry and builds the future of trade & logistics. Maersk’s Technology organisation offers a unique opportunity to impact global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world. In our Copenhagen office, we are a growing team of more than 30 nationalities. We focus on our people and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterised by change and continuous progress.
You will be part of a strong data science and full-stack software engineering team, shaping product and business decisions to help drive digital transformation at one of the largest companies in the world. Your responsibilities include:
• Help design, architect and engineer new and existing data pipelines as a core foundation for our recommender systems.
• Deeply understand our customer and business problems and apply your knowledge of large-scale data technologies to deliver the outcomes our customers need. We care about team members who are not only technical specialists but are excited about understanding the logistics domain—no prior experience in logistics required, so long as you are committed to learning!
• Work with our internal platform engineering teams to develop the functionality of our future data systems.
• Operate in a scrum team with a dedicated product manager, independently directing your time and resources together with other software engineers and data scientists in the team. You will need to participate in transforming the way we work. The cultural transformation of our business and industry is the guarantee of long-term growth and success.
We are looking for
• You possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent experience). The ideal person will possess an advanced degree with a focus on distributed systems, cloud technologies or AI.
•More than 2 years industry data engineering experience, in either a software or analytics-intensive industrial company, as part of a team developing software. This is a hands-on development role.
• Understanding and experience with the engineering of recommendation systems, and experience with large-scale data systems (e.g. SQL, Hadoop, or Spark).
• Track record of delivery using languages like Java, Scala, Python, Spark SQL, e.g on Azure with Databricks. You have significant experience contributing hands-on to products built within the Spark/Hadoop ecosystem
• Working knowledge of technologies like Apache Hadoop, Spark streaming, Kafka; Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes and cloud technologies, e.g. Azure, GCP or AWS.