Do you want to make a difference in the world and contribute to a sustainable future?
We believe we can develop the technology and gain the know-how to make that difference, tackling the climate challenge. It’s a big responsibility, and we have committed to do it. We have launched our ambition, MissionZero – enabling our customers to move towards zero emissions in mining and cement.
We need your skills, curiosity and drive for change to fulfil our goal. Together, we enable our customers to produce the materials needed for a better future.
The Architecture, Data & Analytics department is an integral part of FLSmidth Group Digital. Your team will be committed to democratising the data and creating value from data by the application of domain expertise, tools and technology for contemporary analytics.
Join us and become a Data Engineer where you’ll be responsible for developing our platform for new data-driven products and enable the stakeholders in advanced analytics and artificial intelligence techniques to achieve better results.
We know you have a life outside of work which is why we offer a range of benefits that allow you to plan your life accordingly. We therefore endeavour to promote a lifestyle that meets your individual needs while also enabling you to be fully engaged at work.
- Ensure quality, delivery of data or analytical applications
- Help design and build scalable and data intensive solutions
- Operationalize algorithms developed by data scientists
- Integrate multiple data sources into a consolidated platform; design, build and maintain operational data stores, warehouses, lakes or marts
- Work with business partners to deliver on requirements in an agile manner
- Build and deploy product with automated CI/CD pipeline
- Communicate with other engineers and properly document your design and solution
What you bring
- Bachelor, Master or Phd. degree in computer science, mathematics or similar
- Excellent track record of using language such as python or C#.
- Experience in source control toolkit such as git, bitbucket etc.
- Good knowledge around software design and high-quality coding principles.
- Experience and interests with agile software development (Scrum or Kanban).
- Adequate experience with DevOps and automation in software development (Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOps etc.)
- Working knowledge of different data storage types (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Queue, S3 and Blob).
- Adequate knowledge in API/web development, preferably with tools such as FastAPI, GraphQL, Flask, Django etc.
- General experience or interest in data engineering tools (Preferably in Azure stack) such as Azure Data Factory, Azure function, Logic App, Databricks (General Spark), Airflow, Snowflake etc.
- Exposure to container technology e.g. Docker
Furthermore, knowledge in at least one of the following tools is highly desirable: PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx, AWS Glue etc. Finally, a willingness to learn is essential.