You will join our highly skilled Group Asset Management and Investment team and work internationally to strengthen our BI solutions. We are growing quickly, new development opportunities open up constantly and we would love to have you grow with us! You will have office in Copenhagen, with amazing colleagues where you will be reporting to the Group Data & Analytics Manager.
What will you do?
As our group data engineer, you will be responsible for the backend of our BI solutions within Group Asset Management. This entails ETL (Extract Transform Load) development and data modeling in our Microsoft Power Platform.
The ETL development will draw from a wide range of sources and will change as the business matures from Excel based setup, to a database / data warehouse solution.
Our data models will be based on tabular modeling, and primarily developed in Power BI Desktop. It is essential for you to consider how these datasets should be setup, when aiming for self-serviced solutions.
All work is done in close collaboration with the front-end design, that will provide the main requirements of the solutions. Furthermore, you will be required to work in collaboration and alignment with our cross divisional data warehouse team that is still being established.
Who are you?
We imagine will have the following background
- Master’s degree or equivalent, e.g. Computer Science, Data Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Programming, Statistics, or other relevant fields
- Good analytical mind-set from experience with quantitative modelling and working with large datasets
- Comfortable with working in an agile and transparent methodology
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with business and technical teams.
- Fluent in English
On the technical side we need
- Excellent knowledge of ETL tools and various data processing techniques (such as SQL, M-query or other)
- Experience with data warehousing, data modeling and DAX programming
- Understanding of the Power Platform and how to setup Power BI reporting
- Agile working experience as a developer
Nice to have / wants to learn:
- Kimball architecture patterns
- Hand-on experience with Power Automate and Power Apps
- Understanding of API data extraction (e.g. extraction from api.statbank.dk)
- Exposure to Power BI Premium (Deployment Pipelines, Scorecards, Data Flows)
- Exposure to Azure DevOps capabilities (CI/CD, deployment pipelines)
- Interest in R / Phython programming, and Azure ML models
To be successful in this role
On the short term: the data engineer is successful when able to function independently, but still relying on work specified by the Group D&A Manager.
Long term: success in this position is clearly stated when the ownership of maintenance and development of all backend related work is fully transferred from the Group D&A Manager.
The role will proactively prove to optimize existing solutions, and take responsibility of technical dept.
To thrive with us, you need to be a driven, structured, analytical and flexible team player with an excellent ability to navigate within a complex company structure. You love working in a high paced organization where you can influence in steering the Heimstaden shuttle in the right direction – to the moon! Finding solutions to challenges ahead and curiously seeking out improvements, is your way of working. You love building and maintaining relationships and you seek out creating new bonds with all stakeholders involved. You believe in our values Care, Dare and Share and it is therefore no problem to truthfully promote and sell our products, solutions and services to potential customers. With your WE before ME mentality – you will contribute to our vision of Friendly Homes and a workplace culture where you as well can feel at home.