Our team is developing cutting-edge in-field sensor tools setting new standards for monitoring of insects in agriculture. Tools that will lead to better decision support in plant protection and ability to increase yield at farmer’s level. Further the technology can play an important role in the green transition, hereunder support biodiversity and sustainable farming practices. By combining data analytics, machine learning and engineering skills with the expertise of international partners and players in agriculture and environmental protection, we will commercialize insect monitoring solutions internationally.
At FaunaPhotonics, we are currently looking for an experienced data engineer to support our rapid development. Working at FaunaPhotonics you will be an integrated part of a very diverse, dynamic and fast-moving team spanning competences within machine learning, sensors, electronics, biology, agronomy and business development.
As Data Engineer at FaunaPhotonics you will be responsible for cloud solutions to support our insect sensor. Development work includes scaling up and ensuring the stability of our data pipeline, starting from data acquisition by the sensors and management of data modelling, deployment of machine learning models and storage in the cloud. Our data is unique and load variability is fluctuating, creating interesting challenges for our candidate.
Primary tasks include:
- Development, scale-up and maintenance of cloud architecture surrounding the storage and computation of insect data from our sensor.
- Ensuring the stability of the data pipeline.
- Collaboration with embedded software team and data scientists on optimizing the overall cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with developing cloud infrastructure, preferably in Microsoft Azure. The ideal candidate has worked with different computational and storage methods such as Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure SQL, queues, etc. Knowledge of IoT solutions is highly preferred.
- Fluency in Python is required. Any other programming languages (especially C#) could be an advantage.
- Familiarity with DevOps procedures.
- Experience working with deploying machine learning models is a plus.
- Creativity and problem-solving.
- Team player with good social and communication skills.
- Structured and analytical.
FaunaPhotonics enables the farmer to decrease insecticide use by targeting insect pests more effectively. Do you want to be part of solving the challenge of feeding 10 billion people through sustainable agricultural practices?
If you have a burning passion for bringing disruptive solutions to the marketplace and changing farming practices towards sustainable solutions, we would love to hear from you.
FaunaPhotonics is a diverse team, and we welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or age.