Are you passionate about Data & Analytics? Are you eager to turn requirements into solutions or products that solves real business challenges, and are ready to join our exciting journey in becoming more data driven? Come be our new colleague!
As a Data Engineer in Data & Analytics, you will become part of an agile team that builds innovative end-to-end data products, using both descriptive and predictive analytics across many exciting business domains within DFDS. An international team with many nationalities and locations.
We are an evolving team, where you with the right skill- and mindset, can have a high level of influence on the way solutions are built.
We are modernizing our analytics setup; hence you will play a vital role in designing and developing the data infrastructure to support innovation initiatives and long-term projects. While we still utilize an on-prem setup, we are in the process of establishing a cloud-based setup with event streaming and serverless.
With very diverse business domains (Freight Ferries, Logistics, Passenger Ferries, Terminals) supported by many different core systems and solutions, there is a huge potential for application of analytics, big data solutions, machine learning, etc.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Identify, collect, and integrate data from various sources by building high quality data pipelines for analytical purposes.
- Design, develop and deliver scalable domain-based data products (both centralized and decentralized) based mostly on cloud infrastructure.
- Work cross-functionally with other data engineers, developers in build teams, data scientists and product owners to find solutions that support the business initiatives.
- Contribute to the further development and technical implementation of our internal Data Platform in collaboration with peers.
- Design modern data architectures inspired by the “Data Mesh” approach.
- Create documentation for learnings and knowledge sharing.
Whom we are looking for:
We imagine that you have:
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Informatics, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of real-world experience in data engineering, data science, business intelligence or in a Software engineering role with emphasis on data movement.
- Solid experience with data modelling, data warehousing, and building high-volume ETL pipelines preferably with Microsoft stack.
- Knowledge of or even few years of experience with AWS technologies (RDS, S3, Athena, Lambda, etc.), stream-processing systems (Kafka) and infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm).
- Experience building data products incrementally and managing large and complex data sets from varied sources (on-prem and cloud).
- Exceptional SQL skills working with complex data sets.
- Speak and write English fluently.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience with software development lifecycle, coding best practices, code reviews and unit testing.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience in using modern methods / tools – e.g., CI/CD, DevOps, DataOps and Git.
- Programming experience with C# or Python
- Ability to work in multiple tasks both independently and as part of a tea
- The ability to understand and communicate clearly with internal stakeholders.
- Solid critical thinking, processes understanding and design of solutions
- Take ownership over the problems and hold yourself accountable
- Cross cultural experience and desire to work in an international environment.
We are looking for a person who brings experience, but who is also able to listen and collaborate to find the best solutions and to influence the rest of the team.