Abacus Medicine is searching for a data engineer to join our Data Engineering Team in the Business Analytics department. The team is responsible for our data platform ranging from the ingestion of raw data, cleansing and modelling, as well as, supporting tasks such as maintaining documentation.
We seek to provide excellent data services in close cooperation with business stakeholders. The position offers an opportunity to develop your data management skills and shape the design of a modern Azure cloud data solution.
Better Access. Better Healthcare.
At Abacus Medicine, our purpose is to improve global healthcare through better access to medicine. This has driven us to quickly become a global player in the parallel import industry and pharmaceutical services while not losing sight of our entrepreneurial mindset. Our company values; Innovative, Dedicated, and Caring, lead us on our way to continuously look for improvement and further ways to achieve our purpose. Abacus Medicine is an equal opportunity employer; inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture. Join our 1,000 dedicated colleagues with more than 22 different nationalities in e.g. Denmark, Hungary, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Austria and Hong Kong.
Your Responsibilities as a Data Engineer:
In your role as a data engineer, you will be tasked with solving problems across the entire data life cycle encompassing tasks such as:
- Setup of batch and streaming ETL/ELT data pipelines via standard and customized ingestion connectors
- Data Governance – identify improvements of data reliability, transparency and quality as well as general documentation and overview
- Data modelling based on Kimball design principles
- Maintain and improve CI/CD pipeline setup
- Develop, construct, test and maintain our cloud data platform
- Align cloud data platform with business requirements
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
You will be working particularly closely with our business intelligence developers, analysts and data scientists, as well as, our source system experts.
Are You the Right Candidate?
To succeed in the job, it is important that you are talented technically and find it motivating to provide high quality data services, which the entire organization relies on for decision-making and advanced analytics. You enjoy working in teams, as well as independently, and have a good skill for engaging with the core stakeholders on the design of new pipelines, as well as, the details and workings of existing data jobs. Concretely, we expect that you have:
- A degree in computer science, engineering or an interdisciplinary degree involving same subject areas
- Understanding of CI/CD processes including test automation and release pipelines
- Prior knowledge of the Azure platform, especially with regards to the data-stack (Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake) is a strong advantage but not a requirement
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Basic skills within object oriented programming (C# and/or Python) as well as, a good understanding of SQL
It is an advantage if you have some years of work-experience in the field, but applications from new graduates are also welcome.
Your Future Colleagues
In the Business Analytics department we are responsible for the development and maintenance of Abacus’ data warehouse (data engineering branch), as well as developing our BI platform, facilitating data-driven projects and developing advanced analytics models. The team consists of in-house Software Developers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists and Engineers. Our motivation is towards creating innovate data-driven solutions to core business problems in a friendly and professional environment.
What Do we Offer?
- A Full- time position
- Workplace in a central location at our HQ in Vesterbro, Copenhagen
- Delicious lunch and free fruit arrangement
- Running Club, Football Team and great social events
- Exciting challenges and future career development opportunities, in a young and dynamic work environment.
- A fun and entrepreneurial workplace where we are driven by community spirit and a desire to be successful