Are you looking for an exciting career path in an energetic and rapidly growing management consulting firm and have a passion for the latest technology?
Then join KPMG NewTech – a leading service line that delivers pioneering advisory and technology solutions to our clients.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Machine Learning team.
What is KPMG NewTech?
KPMG NewTech drives the implementation, strategic and training agenda for AI and emerging technologies for our clients (i.e. machine learning, robotic process automation, Internet of Things, virtual assistants, AR/VR, blockchain, digital strategy, NewPractice processing and training – amongst others). KPMG NewTech also drives the KPMG Quantum hub regarding quantum technology.
In NewTech we have a true start-up mentality and a passion for exploring new technologies and services. You will have the ability to grow quickly in an inspiring and fast-moving environment, where you will be given significant responsibilities and the opportunity to contribute your ideas to exciting projects on the cutting edge of technology. Your personal growth will be fuelled both from working with our market-leading teams as well as from the KPMG global network of expertise. The NewTech team works across all industry verticals, and we provide value to some of the largest and most complex companies in Denmark.
The job as a Data Engineer
The Data Engineer in the ML team is responsible for designing and building maintainable and scalable data pipelines that help productionise machine learning for our clients. Since each client comes with their own unique technology landscape, you should always be willing to learn new technologies and adapt rapidly during projects. In the team, we keep working with newer technologies all the time so you should be willing to reinvent your expertise constantly and push the boundaries of excellence. This is also why 2 years of relevant work experience would be desirable in the ideal candidate. As you will work closely with ML engineers on projects, a solid understanding of how data is consumed by ML is an advantage.
You will be part of a team of experienced solution architects, business analysts and machine learning experts who can help you realise your potential, even if you are a recent graduate. The essential things are that you have a high-performance mindset, see yourself as one of the best at what you do, are looking for equally talented colleagues and want to work with exciting clients.
- Develop and implement end-to-end software solutions
- Establish quality metrics and monitoring setup for data pipelines
- Integrate and use cloud-based solutions
- Work with open source frameworks for machine learning
- Be able to and have an interest in client interaction while delivering high quality services
- Work across teams to combine knowledge from multiple experts into a single solution.
As a Data Engineer, we expect you to have a strong understanding of software development principles. We see an ideal candidate as being assertive and with strong communication skills in order to clearly state requirements and facilitate collaboration with stakeholders and IT departments at clients.
Specific requirements are as follows:
- Relevant IT education (Industrial Economics and Technology Management, Global Business Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, BSc Eng. in Network Technology and IT, Cand.Merc. IT – or similar)
- A data-first approach towards application development
- Proven experience in programming languages like (but not limited to) Python/Java/C#/Scala
- Proven experience in SQL/NoSQL Database design and development
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes or managed cloud services for data ingestion and ETL would be a plus
- Understanding and knowledge of Microservice architecture and Big Data technologies would be a plus
- Exposure to ML/Analytics/Visualisation areas would be desirable
- High degree of curiosity and flexibility to work with different types of technologies
- Independent, structured and highly motivated.