Do you excel at interpreting data, analysing results, and generating actionable insights? Do you have the drive and experience to support our organisation’s reporting and analysis needs? Are you motivated by new challenges and do you want to play an important role in an ambitious and international company? Then we might be looking for you!
One of our core ambitions of the VELUX marketing team is to change from a functional engineering led perspective to a perspective that captures the inspiring benefits of designing buildings with natural light and a great indoor climate. Helping us in creating this dream and anchoring the aspiration to the world of existing and future homeowners, VELUX offers access to the sky and unlimited views. This is remarkably different to façade windows and a classical light and ventilation value proposition. We would like to put marketing at the heart of this change and take our value proposition to a much wider audience.
Joining our Product Marketing and Insight team at the VELUX headquarter in Hørsholm, you will join a young, talented, international team with an ambition to create and deliver a world class marketing agenda, fuelled in part by the ambition to explore new opportunities for growth. You will have regional responsibility covering our newly established region North West Europe: Britain, Ireland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands and Belgium. This region is newly formed as part of an ambitious reorganisation of the VELUX marketing effort into four powerful regions. The regionalised structure is connected to a global marketing team, primarily focused on brand and overall strategic coherence.
As our Data Intelligence Specialist, you will build efficiencies and influence our strategic and tactical plans by acquiring relevant data from primary and secondary sources, and maintain our data systems. You will be expected not only to gather, store, and interpret data, but also identify relevant trends and anomalies which will impact the region. In addition, you will present recommendations to senior stakeholders based on your analysis and findings.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Interpret data and analyse results using statistical techniques.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality.
- Work with management and other internal stakeholders to prioritise business and information needs.
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Filter and clean datasets by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Make recommendations based on data.
You can expect to travel approximately 30 days annually – both nationally and internationally.
With your analytical mindset you possess the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. We will come to know you as action-oriented and decisive. You are self-driven, motivated by your tasks, and tend to take the initiative to make things happen. You have an open and forthcoming manner, and your collaboration and communication skills are outstanding – you can easily and clearly communicate complex ideas and information to other people in a way that is understandable. You work well within a team and can build a network within a large organisation.
Moreover, we expect that you:
- Have a BSc or higher in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role, i.e. Business analyst or Data Analyst.
- Are proficient using statistical packages, databases, and programming, and preferably experienced using SPSS or similar.
- Demonstrate experience in database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Are able to take raw data and industry reports and create actionable insights.
- Have experience in communicating data-driven insights to business stakeholders.
- Are fluent in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Dutch, Flemish & Nordic languages is plus, but not mandatory.
You will work alongside experienced and passionate colleagues – in a setting where knowledge is shared, and responsibility is given to those who can and will. Our team is characterised by an informal tone and respect for each other both as team players and as individuals.
We are a strong value-based company where commitment, thoroughness and mutual respect are among the core values and teamwork and professionalism is essential to the way we work.
We will provide you with the opportunities, inspiration, and state-of-the-art tools to create a brighter, common future.