Are you seeking to take your career in Business Intelligence to the next step? If your answer is yes, then keep reading, because you might be who we are looking for!
At the moment, we are looking for a full time Data Modelling Specialist, to join our Business Intelligence team situated in Copenhagen as soon as possible. You will help us drive business growth through solutions that support Penneo’s information management system, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other business interests. This, in particular, includes participating in the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance via best practices.
Skills and experience
We believe that, to be successful in this role, you need to have
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer/data science or related experience.
- Expertise in writing T-SQL, including complex stored procedures, functions, views and triggers.
- Experience implementing data partitioning to improve performance.
- Experience with data warehouse platforms (Database Design, Development, Administration) specially Amazon Redshift in multi-data-centre contexts
- Some hands-on experience in database Performance Tuning
- Knowledge in creation of XPlenty packages for transferring data from various data sources is an advantage.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau is an advantage.
- Some general hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS, dimensional, NoSQL data platform technologies, ETL and data ingestion protocols).
You are the right person if you get energy from:
- Crunching complex data sets and structures for translation into commercial insights.
- Continuous learning – being inquisitive on new ways to drive the data transformation in the organisation.
- Working proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues/challenges to reduce project delivery risks.
As a person, we are looking for someone who is good at working with colleagues across different functions e.g. BI and the product team in order to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models
Since our work language is English, we expect that you will be fluent in the language.
How will this role progress?
During the 1st month, you will:
- Meet your new colleagues and understand their area of work and expertise.
- Get comfortable with the day-to-day operations of Finance and BI and how they service the rest of the organization from a data perspective.
- Understand the problems Penneo solves for its different customer segments and how we can continue to solve problems for them.
- Learn to use the product as a customer.
- Assist in data development projects that are already in execution.
Within 3 months:
- You will have gained a clear overview of who’s who and who’s doing what, a clear overview of your collaborators and stakeholders in data-related projects, as well as clear overview of our data warehouse, our BI tools and data ecosystem.
- You will have established great colleagueship and foundation for collaboration.
- You will jointly be running the data development and implementation projects with the BI team.
- You will have started evangelizing the data journey and transformation.
Within 6 months:
- You will be spearheading data-related projects and firmly managing and integrating these to the foundation for Penneo’s future development from a data perspective.
- You will be ensuring that the data requests you have delivered are being incorporated into the daily operations across departments.
Within 1 year:
- Together with relevant stakeholders you will have built and developed a solid foundation for speeding up the data-driven journey.
- You will be leading the data transformation and piloting new ways of working with data, as well as ensuring new data models generate value for the business.
Who will be in your team?
You will sit in the Business Intelligence team and will work closely together with Sarmad Rad our Business Intelligence Consultant whose primary focus is to make Penneo and the development of our business rely increasingly on data.
Apply to join us if you want to:
- Spearhead a SaaS business’ journey to become even more data-driven.
Apart from that, we also offer:
- An open and informal workplace culture, where all team members respect one another and assume responsibility and accountability for their work, while also having fun!
- Lots of responsibility and opportunities to learn and develop your career.
- Office location in the city center, close to metro, public transportation and vibrant social life.
- Monthly Friday Bars and lots of social events
- Yearly team camps to exciting beach locations or ski resorts up in the mountains, so that we can charge our batteries and bond as a team.
- Catered and delicious lunch every day
- Private health insurance (we’ve got you covered!)
- Football table and PS4 (because we all need a break to relax our mind during work)
- Competitive salary, depending on qualifications and experience
If what you are reading peaks your interest and you feel you might be who we are looking for, go ahead and send us your application. We look forward to receiving it!