Are you a soon-to-be graduate within the field of Data driven business? Do you want to influence the vital products, systems and services that help 500.000 people get from A to B every single day?
Then join DSB via our IT Graduate Program starting September 1st 2021.
What to expect
The DSB IT Graduate Program is a 24-month program that will push you out of your comfort zone and kick-start your personal and professional development.
Our graduate program offers you the chance to become part of a supportive network and to work with colleagues from all levels and across the organization.
The program includes your own mentor who will support you and give ongoing feedback and tangible career development plans throughout the full 24-month period.
The program covers three parts:
- An introduction to DSB as a whole and IT.
- Three 7-month rotations in different teams, both in and outside of DSB IT. Every rotation is a full position with clear responsibilities and expectations.
- A Graduate Community including special assignments together with the other graduates.
After completing the program, you will have acquired the skills and experiences that enable you to succeed in a large and complex organization – and most importantly you will have the opportunity to continue your career in DSB.
You will start together with 7 other graduates with the following profiles:
- User Experience Design Graduate
- IT Consultant Graduate
- Cyber Security Graduate
- Project Management Graduate
- Business Analyst Graduate
- IT Contract Controller Graduate
- Cloud Technology Graduate
What you will do
The program will provide you the fundamental knowledge to move into various Data driven roles like Data Scientist, Data Modeler, BI Developer etc.
You will dive into:
- Enable data-driven decision-making across the organization by making data available and perform relevant analysis.
- Dive deep into our data platform SAP Hana.
- Learn the fundamentals of Data Management, Data Governance and Data Quality
- Data modelling.
- Deploy and maintain solutions using DevOps and DataOps pipelines.
- Clean, prepare and synthesize data for use in descriptive analysis, predictive and prescriptive models.
- Design and implement machine learning and deep learning algorithms for real-world problems through various learning paradigms.
- Work with IoT and Data lakes.
- Participate in developing our data strategy and platforms plus help us keeping our analytics toolbox up to date.
Who you will work with
As a Data Native your personal graduate program will be anchored in our BI team within DSB IT, but through your daily work and the rotations in the program you will get broad exposure to the whole organization – both in and outside of the IT department.
You will work directly with a wide range of people with distinct roles and background – including technical specialists, project managers, business owners and leadership.
The BI department in DSB IT is in rapid development because of the new digitization strategy in DSB. The strategy is to make all data accessible on a single platform, SAP Hana. In-memory technology plays a key role in our department, so that data becomes easily accessible, and performance is top notch. We have also started working with IoT and Data Lakes – and we are preparing data for AI and Predictive Analysis.
The rapid development and high demand we are experiencing means that we are busy. But we are also a dynamic department who have a lot of fun together. We switch between being very detail-oriented and very structured to other times rise to a helicopter perspective and make overall decisions. The common denominator is quality in everything we do.
Why we need you
DSB has ambitious plans towards 2030 and is facing massive purchases of new trains and billions in investments in infrastructure. It requires a completely new way of running both the train operation and the company, and DSB is facing significant development of many areas.
Therefore, massive investments are being made in these years in implementing an ambitious digitization plan, which is expected to be fully executed in 2025.
In addition to this DSB IT have already undergone a significant transformation while embedding SAFe 5.0 and a true agile culture over the previous four years.
With these major changes the need for having the best people and the latest knowledge in the industry have grown. Graduates are an essential element of this – so join us in making DSB IT an attractive place to work with extraordinary talent and an inspiring culture.
Who you are
- You enjoy immersing yourself in data and solving complex problems.
- You have programming skills.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience with Power BI is a plus.
- Experience with SQL is also a plus.
- You have a Master’s degree and have achieved good results.
- You have good English and optionally Danish skills, both verbally and written.
- You have a maximum of one year of work experience after a completed master.
- Most importantly: you are eager to learn.
What we offer you
DSB plays a vital role in the lives of our 500.000 customers who visit our trains every day. As the biggest provider of public transportation in Denmark, we have a significant stake in keeping the country running and do so with pride.
We actively focus on our environmental responsibility, and it is our goal and ambition to make sustainable, collective transport the natural choice for everyone in Denmark.
As a new employee at DSB, you not only get a new job, but you also become part of a large community.
You can also look forward to:
- Own gym and a discount for Fitness World.
- Delicious lunch in our canteen.
- Free train rides throughout your time with us.
Your place of work will be in Høje Taastrup in our bright and welcoming offices. Obviously, we are situated close to public transport.