Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about capture, structuring and sharing of data from a wide range of sources, sharing of knowledge and driving digitalization in a biotech context? Then you might be our new Data Scientist.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Data Scientist in Protein Chemistry and Assays, Lyngby
We are seeking two highly skilled data scientist with competencies in programming, statistics, analytics and with experience in experimental protein characterization data who can help build a structured and efficient pipeline to capture our ever-growing amount of data and make it available for analysis, mining and model building.
Welcome to Application systems analysis
Application systems analysis is a highly collaborative and international department with 18 scientists and technicians. We are uniquely positioned in the company with a broad overview of all industries and applications and support the organization with application knowledge to help guide innovation activities and candidate selection in our projects. As a result of the engagement across industries and applications, the data generated in the department is very diverse, spanning from simple spectrometer readouts to multi-channel confocal images, which makes both structured data capture and analysis interesting challenges.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
If you are curious, self-driven and a strong team player and if you are confident working independently, networking both within and outside the department, this is the job for you! You will be working closely with protein biochemists and biophysicists in the department and across the whole Protein Chemistry and Assays function and with specialists from other disciplines. The main focus areas of the work are to develop tools and processes to enable efficient raw data extraction- and clean up, statistical /feature importance analysis and visualization, to identify mechanistic leads for our enzyme development projects and effective communication of results to other project members. In this role you will be expected to act as a driver for digitalization in the function identifying and developing robust and pragmatic data science solutions. We also expect that you keep yourself and your colleagues up to date with new techniques, packages and algorithms and that you will grow and develop your skills as the amount of available data increases.
To succeed you must hold:
- 3+ years of industry or research experience holding an MSc or a PhD degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science, Biostatistics, Mathematics or equivalent and a solid knowledge of protein chemistry
- Strong natural interest in data and data science and ability to perform data analyses and communicate results, conclusions and the uncertainty around conclusions
- Programming experience (preferably in Python) and familiar with DB systems (e.g. SQL, non-SQL)
- Experience with common data science tools like Pandas, NumPy, SAS JMP
- Strong grasp of descriptive and inferential statistics and a proven experience in statistical design and analyses of medium/high throughput experiments and data
- A positive attitude, be open minded and have good interpersonal skills and a drive for achieving results together with others
- Excellent communication skills in both in written and spoken form and the ability to communicate complex results to stakeholders in the organization who do not necessarily have your expert knowledge
- Fluency in English as you will work closely with colleagues of many different nationalities
It is a plus if you have experience with:
- Chemometrics or multivariate data analysis.
Location: This job will be located at our Innovation Campus in Kgs Lyngby north of Copenhagen.