Are you passionate about bringing life and meaning to a fragmented data landscape? Will you ensure optimal data quality and contribute to a data driven DSB?
We are working on implementing the strategy Data-Driven DSB in which we aim for one version of the truthand one set of numbers. A better and more meaningful use of data is fundamental for DSB in order to deliver on our different business strategies that support the vision of a market oriented DSB.
We want to make sure that data in DSB is correct, reliable, available and secure in a way that gives value and mitigates ambiguity and misuse. We are getting more and more dependent on data preparation and analyses to help us optimize our business.
The purpose of a Data-Driven DSB is to deliver value through business intelligence functionality and to secure optimal quality of the data. One of the big tasks in this respect is to define and implement a data quality and data governance framework in DSB.
Hence, we are for looking for a Data Quality Expert to a newly created position in a new Data Governance team.
Increased focus on data management and data quality
The team mission is to take ownership of developing data management and data quality in DSB. As our new Data Quality Expert, you will take the lead of data quality in terms of development, implementation, and deployment in the entire organisation. In close collaboration with the Data Governance Officer and three Data Governance Analysts, you will be the link between the business and DSB’s BI developers and system owners. Together, you will secure strong communication between all parties. You will also help to build up our new team, so that we continuously fortify our expertise – and have fun while doing it.
It will be your responsibility to develop standards, policies and procedures; to implement them; and to train the users. This serves the purpose of putting the new practice into service in our agile delivery model SAFe®. You will uncover the most critical data quality issues, develop data quality reporting on both operational and strategic level, create action plans, and implement enhancements to ensure the quality, integrity and validity of data.
You will also engage in
- Securing that data on the new SAP HANA Information Platform complies with the new high standards for data quality
- Deep diving into data quality issues and creating metrics for KPI reporting levelled at the decision makers in DSB
- Incorporating data quality into our new data catalog and data glossary
- Establishing best practice and ownership to ensure a data driven DSB
- Consolidating compliance of data management initiatives with the information security strategy in DSB
As a part of your work, you will facilitate decision processes and clarify data quality demands, scope and division of responsibility.
What we expect you to bring to the table
We imagine that you have several years’ experience within the field of data quality or data management. You probably hold a MSc in Computer Science, a diploma in advanced computer studies or a similar, relevant software engineer education.
In order to prove successful in this role, we foresee the following competencies in your profile
- Deep understanding of the data quality and data management discipline (master data management, data modelling, etc.) and practical experience with value creation in a complex organisation
- Solid knowledge of BI and data platforms (eq. SAP HANA, MS SQL, Oracle, SAS, etc.), toolboxes, frameworks and methods
- A good technical foundation and preferably hands-on experience as a developer or BI consultant
- Knowledge about data governance – and data and information architecture
You might also have experience with
- The principles of IT security and data protection
- The agile way of working (e.g. SAFe®)
We see your work style as solution-oriented with a focus on creating results. There will be ample opportunity for you to take initiatives, and to think across departments, solutions and professional areas.
Your approach to this role will be both as a guardian and as a facilitator, and you would like to leave your mark on the development of data quality and data management in DSB.
Take a great career path and join a professional data governance team
You will be member of a new team and help to shape the roll-out of data quality, data management and a Data-Driven DSB. The common purpose of the team is to support the business and our BI development teams, who work with all kinds of tasks within BI analysis and development. Our ambition is for you and your colleagues to fundamentally impact how DSB will work with data quality and data management moving forward, and this could be your way of shaping a piece of the future in public transportation.
What DSB offers you
You will be working out of DSB’s headquarters in Høje Taastrup, close to public transportation. Our company canteen serves delicious meals, we have fitness facilities on site, and our personal health insurance covers prevention as well as treatment. You and your family can travel with DSB on favourable conditions.