Are you passionate about using statistics, mathematics and artificial intelligence methods to develop compelling evidence demonstrating the value of medicines to regulators, payers, healthcare professionals and patients?
Do you thrive using your extensive methodological knowledge to help others succeed and grow? If you also wish to be a leader of a team with highly skilled specialists, then you could be our new Director and Head of Value Evidence Analytics in Global Value Evidence, Medical Affairs.
At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their lives. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Director, Head of Value Evidence Analytics (VEA), is responsible for setting the departmental vision and for the management and long-term development of the team’s analytical capabilities. Multiple applications are anticipated, with a high standard of methodological rigor designed primarily for price and reimbursement as well as for regulatory submissions (safety monitoring commitments) and label optimisation, publications, and strategic decision-making. The Head of Value Evidence Analytics will closely work in partnership with the Biostatistics and Data Science teams in the Biometrics organization. The Director and Head of Value Evidence Analytics reports to the Senior Director and Head of Value Evidence in Medical Affairs, R&D.
The position is placed in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Your job and key responsibilities
Strategic / Scientific (40%):
- Serve as thought leader of advanced analytics for value demonstration purposes
- Serves as member of the Observational Research Committee (ORC) approving observational research studies protocols.
- Acts as a key subject matter expert in various methodological and advanced analytic functions and provides consultation to / collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders directly to provide tangible solutions that are aligned to portfolio strategy
- Leads the Value Evidence Analytics team
- Attracts, develops, motivates and evaluates a competent team of professionals and effectively utilizes individual and group potential.
- Communicates the mission, roles and responsibilities of the Value Evidence Analytics team to key internal stakeholders.
- Communicates on the use and potential of real-world evidence analytics to internal stakeholders, customers and scientific community.
- Coaching: Guides, develops, empowers, and motivates employees to meet the organization’s goals
- Communication: Giving and receiving messages and information in written, oral, and visual formats in a clear and concise way for a complete understanding of meaning and intent.
- Urgency: Transfers mission to action by acting clearly and decisively to analyse and implement solutions regardless of pressure or uncertainty and maintains a sense of urgency to complete tasks, accomplish goals, and act in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Building Collaborative Teams: Builds productive and cooperative relationships to facilitate team effectiveness through the understanding and utilization of individual strengths, behaviours, and personalities to achieve team goals and organizational success.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyses information to generate and evaluate potential solutions to problems, issues and challenges while weighing the accuracy and relevance of the facts, data and information.
- Influential Communication: Fosters open communication, speaks truthfully and with one voice through clear and consistent messages, listens to others and values all opinions while acting in a respectful manner to influence an outcome, impact, or effect, and responds appropriately to concerns of others.
- Inclusivity: Actively seeks to include and engage everyone regardless of backgrounds, cultures, or demographics to leverage the wealth of knowledge, insights and perspectives of a diverse workplace to spark creativity and propel innovation in an open and trusting environment.
- Vision and Strategy: Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision with others while positioning the organization for future success by identifying new opportunities, formulating objectives and priorities, and implementing plans consistent with the long-term interest of the organization in a global environment.
- Collaboration: Works collaboratively with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
We work in a regulated area and with patient data, and you must appreciate the restrictions this impose as well as the impact of analyses on major decisions in drug-development projects and budgets, in line with internal processes.
Your main stakeholders will be managers across the organization, and experts in the drug-development projects. You will be part of the extended Medical Affairs Management team and take part in developing Value Evidence to meet future needs.
15-20 travel days per year can be expected (in normal conditions i.e. ex COVID-19).
Lundbeck offers a great workplace that is based on a flat structure, forming a collaborative working environment based on respect and equality. We employ dedicated colleagues and encourage continuous development. In Medical Affairs, we strive every day to bring our expertise within medical sciences, patient insights and data handling and analysis into play to make a real difference to patients.
Our preferred candidate has the following personal and professional qualifications:
- PhD preferred or master’s degree in appropriate field required (e.g., statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, health economics)
- Keen knowledge and at least 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in advanced analytics including artificial intelligence, machine learning and other advanced analytical methods.
- Experience in mixed quantitative and qualitative methods, psychometric theory, patient preference elicitation, decision theory.
- Demonstrated prior research accomplishment (e.g., publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences)
- Excellent leadership, strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Excellent process and project management skills required including the ability to manage a significant volume of projects with exercise of good triage and judgement skills
- Strong business acumen and a team player
- Fluent in oral and written English