Are you passionate about data? Do you strive to constantly develop yourself and the business? And do you want to be an important player in our Global growth strategy?
HBK is currently looking for an experienced ETL developer to strengthen the capabilities in our high-profile BI team. If you are passionate about ensuring that BI solutions are built upon a solid data architectural base, ensuring that the current status quo is challenged, and have experience of utilizing data from SAP, Oracle, or salesforce then this may be the right role for you.
The job role will require you to learn new tools and technologies fast, but you should have in-depth database knowledge as well as programming and scripting skills. You should have expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets and provide guidance as the global BI team continues to develop this area. This role will help to build new efficient and stable data pipelines which can be easily maintained in the future, as well as maintaining existing pipelines (SQL server data models and integrations services jobs within SSIS). There is the expectation that the successful candidate will take a lead in developing best practice for BI data architecture, and coaching others in these principles.
You will report to the Head of BI and join a team of 3 other members of the BI team who form part of our Global Finance Organization. You will join a company on an exciting journey, with a clear ambition of becoming continuously more insight driven through data, which makes the BI team a central part of our Global growth strategy. Ideally this position will be based in one of our sites in Denmark (Nærum) or Germany (Darmstadt) or even near one of our UK Sites (Royston and Rotherham), however other locations could potentially be considered for the right candidate.
- You will be a central part in the BI team contribute to the ongoing tasks, which among others include:
- Extraction of data from base systems such as SAP, MS CRM, Salesforce, Oracle databases or similar
- Data uploading into a staging database by developing and maintaining SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages as well as SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Tabular models
- Developing technology specifications and ensuring that new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness, and leveraging existing technologies when possible
- Applying architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability
- Investigate data to identify potential issues within ETL pipelines, notify end-users and propose solutions
- Gathering business requirements through communication with internal customers
- Maintain accurate and complete technical architectural documents
- Development, sharing of best practice, and coaching of peers within the BI team
Skills and Experience
You will be a central part in the BI team contribute to the ongoing tasks, which among others include:
- Coding experience in Python, R, or similar would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of source system data models, especially SAP would be an advantage
- SQL knowledge (query performance tuning, index maintenance, etc.) as well as an understanding of database structure
- Knowledge of data modeling principles
- Organizational skills: time management and planning
- Knowledge of at least one ETL tool (SSIS, Informatica, Talend, etc.)
- Knowledge of various SQL/NoSQL data storage mechanisms and Big Data technologies
- High attention to detail
- Passionate about complex data structures and problem solving
- Ability to pick up new data tools and concepts quickly
You will contribute to the continuing development of our BI organization and will get the opportunity to have an impact in a vibrant department.
You have a higher education at Bachelor level or above within IT, Computer Science, Business Economics or similar, or an equivalent level of business experience.
Additionally, the following applies:
- You have at least 3 years of proven experience as a ETL developer or BI developer with in-depth knowledge within the Microsoft suite, such as SQL server, SSIS, SSAS Tabular and preferably familiar with Power BI.
- You have good understanding of cloud solutions as well best practice BI architecture
- Knowledge of integration to SAP ERP and Salesforce would be strongly preferred
- You can take independent responsibility for your work areas and at the same time be part of a dynamic team collaboration
- Experience from Manufacturing or Production would be an advantage
- You have great communication skills and Fluent in spoken and written English
- A strong analytical mindset and highly detailed oriented
- Service minded and customer oriented.
- Cooperative and flexible
- A pro-active and ambitious approach to your work and career
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world.
At HBK, we live up to our three values: Be True, Own It and Aim High. We believe in absolute integrity – it’s how we win for stakeholders, the environment and each other. We believe in teamwork and keeping our promises – to ourselves and others. Finally, we believe in being bold and positive. This is how we perform at our best and achieve greater success.