Do you get motivated by supporting and securing better decisions based on financial data? Do you like to help convert financial data into tangible and relevant business insights, which is actually going to be used?
Then join Hempel’s Group FP&A & Systems team in Kgs. Lyngby (Copenhagen area), Denmark, and help deliver world class financial planning, reporting and insights to the Hempel senior management teams.
At Hempel we’re guardians of our customers’ most valuable assets. From bridges and boats to power stations and homes, our coatings can be found around the globe, protecting our customers’ assets and equipment from corrosion. They bring colour to our homes and places of work, and extend the service lives of assets and equipment, increasing return on investment. We´re proudly owned by the Hempel Foundation, a corporate foundation that supports good causes around the globe, with specific focus on education of children in need, research into sustainable coatings technology and protecting the planet´s biodiversity.
A job in the sweet spot between systems, data, finance and the business
Since the team is responsible for supporting our finance teams with consolidation and planning system related tasks across the entire Hempel group, the customer base is global. The main tasks you can look forward to be involved in are:
- Playing a role in the ongoing and continues journey in simplifying and optimizing our finance data, structures and implementation of supporting master data hierarchies
- Supporting our financial planning processes, to minimize colleagues’ work load and maximize usage of our systems (Tagetik, Qlik, PowerBi, MS Dynamics and SAP)
- Participating in projects across the group where financial data and data structures play a role
- Helping simplify and automate financial planning and financial reporting across the group
- Preparing and documenting our processes in SOPs and BI solutions in user friendly guidelines
- Helping build PowerBI finance solutions and taking the next step in our Finance analytics journey
- Day to day support and contact with finance data users around the world
Personal drive, flair for systems & curious by nature
There are multiple ways to qualify for this position. We expect you to either have a relevant theoretical background within finance (master’s degree) or a technical background, coupled with experience from financial planning systems & business intelligence. Ideally you also have experience from a similar position in an international company. Furthermore you:
- Have a few or some years’ working experience within a relevant field (finance or systems)
- Are customer focused with a customer centric mindset
- Have strong analytical capabilities and attention to details
- Have a strong personal drive, are ambitious and a pro-active team player
- Are fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Have a natural interest in understanding the business, the data behind it and the supporting systems
Join a company and department that will invest in you
You will be part of the Group Financial Planning & Analysis team, consisting of 13 close colleagues in Denmark and Poland.
When you are working at Hempel you will experience working in a company that takes care of its employees. We care about our employees’ health, which is why we offer a canteen package, fitness and different social clubs to improve quality of life for our employees. We have a flexible working environment with good career opportunities both locally and globally.