We need a Full-Stack Engineer to work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary-team with skills in Machine Learning, to help shape product and business decisions to drive growth and digital transformation at one of the largest companies in the world.
This is your opportunity to flex a thirty billion dollar business – and measure your impact.
This position offers a unique opportunity to develop and apply your cutting-edge knowledge and passion of software engineering and Machine Learning that will transform the transport and logistics industry. As a Full Stack Engineer with Maersk, you will be part of the community of engineering practitioners across the company, where we develop the foundations of our future business.
We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward action.
We value customer outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
We offer the freedom, and responsibility, to shape the setup and the processes we use in our community
We support continuous learning, including through conferences, workshops and meetups.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a new dynamic team and solve some of the toughest problems in the industry and build the future of trade & logistics. Maersk’s Technology organisation offers a unique opportunity to impact global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world. In our Copenhagen office, we are a growing team of more than 30 nationalities. We focus on our people and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterised by change and continuous progress.
– Lead development in implementing efficient applications, with focus on high code quality and performance.
– Contribute towards the architecture of applications.
– Define, drive and lead front end technology development standards adopted by the development teams and external service providers.
– Educating and providing direction to wider development teams on UI engineering.
– Collaborating with scrum masters and project managers to identify and mitigate risks, issues, as well as to find innovative ways to improve the application development.
– Embrace emerging technologies and solutions to ensure our online experience continually evolves to deliver functionality that our customers need.
– Supporting the recruitment of technical team members across the department.
We are looking for
– More than 4 years industry engineering experience, in either a software or analytics-intensive industrial company, as part of an agile software engineering team, building and running highly available customer-facing products.
– has knowledge / experience with Machine Learning in production environments (2 years)
– Expertise in at least one scripting programming language (python, perl, ruby, lua) and its development ecosystem (as above), with focus on libraries for data science, statistics, machine learning, etc.
– Expertise with DBMS-related development: proficiency with SQL, experience of building and maintaining highly optimised scaled databases, working alongside DBAs.
– Good familiarity with web server applications, web protocols, authentication, authorisation.
– Experience with designing microservice architectures, APIs (REST, other), scaling web sites, performance tuning.
– Working knowledge of technologies like Apache Hadoop, Spark streaming, Kafka; Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes and cloud technologies, e.g. Azure, GCP or AWS.
– Expertise in portable POSIX shell scripting (bash, GNU coreutils).
– Familiarity with building customer-facing UIs (not a frontend developer role).
– – Sound knowledge of Java (8 and above).
– Experience is developing RESTful microservices with Spring boot.
– Sound understanding of Spring modules and ORM tools like JPA and Hibernate.
– Experience of SOAP based web services.
– Experience working on low latency, highly scalable applications.
– Experience in build tools like Maven, Node etc.
– Experience working with databases – MS Sql server, Oracle and/or Cassandra or something similar.
– Ability to review code and mentor junior developers as well as partners.
Nice to have
– Hands-on experience of using a front-end development framework, such as Angular, React or Vue.
– Experience working with Cloud technologies or a keen interest in learning the same.
– Proven knowledge of Behavioural Driven Development (BDD).
– Proven knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD).