As our Head of Business Analytics at Pleo you will be responsible for leading a dedicated analytical team whose aim is to foster an environment where decisions are supported by clear analysis and accurate data no matter how big or small.
You will help our commercial teams with valuable insights to enable data-driven decision making on a daily basis as well as supporting ongoing projects and long term strategic decision making.
Furthermore, you will define metrics and KPI’s, build automated dashboards, reports and advanced models to help teams make better and faster decisions. You will work closely with C-level management in the commercial side of the business including Customer Experience, Sales, Marketing and Finance, acting as a consultant and partner to help achieve their strategic goals. On a day to day, you will be connecting the dots and reading between the lines, combining statistical and business perspectives to uncover the underlying story in any data.
We love good stories. And we have good data. Are you ready to embark on this adventure?
Who are we?
We are a Danish fintech startup – well, not that much of a startup anymore, but our values are deeply and strongly shaped around that. That being said, we believe in flat hierarchy and bottom-up decision making: from being around our offices, to the team meetings and our vocal slack community, working with us you will find a place where every voice is heard, where people spar their ideas and are not afraid to ask questions and improve themselves and others. We listen to each other and adapt accordingly.
More about our team
We are excited about inter-department collaborations, extracting insights from numerous data sources and visualising them in a meaningful way, while also having fun in random slack channels, getting creative and running all kinds of experiments! As the Head of Business Analytics, you will be contributing to the team in setting the strategic direction with data-driven decision making, working with the latest (and greatest!) tools and tech, improving yourself and others through a dynamic and passionate team working environment. You will also help with processes around data management, process optimization and tooling within the commercial realm.
Initially, you will be working with a small team of data analysts and a data scientist to do this but over the course of time, your team will continually grow. We hope that building a great team, offering management support when needed and intuitively learning what your team needs are some of the things that get you excited (apart from working with data, ofcourse! )
The nitty gritty skills needed
- Experience in building and managing data teams
- You are great at providing clarity through project scoping and translating data into simple clear action plans
- You are great at presenting conclusions and putting them into context for your audience
- You have strong project & stakeholder management skills
- You have experience modelling key metrics measured in SaaS companies (Churn prediction, Customer Lifetime Value, Monthly Recurring Revenue and Customer Acquisition Cost etc.)
- You have rich knowledge of statistics and analytics and have preferrably used this in a B2B setup
- You have worked with advanced analytics topics such as predictive modelling, cohort analysis and regression analysis
- You have experience with CRM data preferably from Hubspot or Salesforce
- You can work comfortably with SQL , Python, DBT, BigQuery or similar tools
You will thrive in this role if you
- Have genuine passion to understand data and the processes and story behind it
- Think systematically about how we can create and evolve a framework to empower the rest of the organisation with awesome data
- Can connect the dots and read in-between the lines and combine statistical and business perspectives to uncover the underlying story in any data
- Have a positive can-do attitude
Your colleagues say you
- Work in English with ease (it’s our company language)
- Are very curious to the the story and the people behind the data
- Continuous learner, systematic
- Empathetic of people and stakeholders
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says that you
- Work with numbers
- Love knowing how things work and solving challenges
- Love to get things done
- Kept arranging the magnets on the fridge
- Asked a loooooot of questions as a kid!
What we do
Pleo focuses on making business spending seamless.
Our angle to do this is through company spending; we’ve built a product that gives trust and autonomy to all employees: everyone gets a company card and spends company money responsibly. No expense reports. No time wasted. Decentralisation of decision making. Delegation through ownership. That’s our focus. We can’t be hypocrites with a product doing one thing and then internally doing another: so the future workplace permeates through the way we work. We certainly aren’t perfect, and we’re not striving for perfection. Instead, we’re striving to be pioneers: we want our product to change workspaces, and so our own workspace is a place of constant change.
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Northern Ireland in December (2019)
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what’s reasonable, we don’t have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Catered lunch in our HQ and London offices when you’re here
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we’re talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, Pleo dinners, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc – we’ll help (venue, food etc)
- discounts with specific vendors