Twill by Maersk is experiencing significant growth and here is a unique opportunity to join the team. We are currently looking for the right candidate to lead our data and analytics team.
Twill is a digital venture backed by Maersk and essentially disrupting the logistics industry from within by offering the most compelling value proposition in the industry specifically tailored to smaller businesses who are new to the world of international logistics.
We deliver this through a fully digital experience on the twill.net platform.
Data and analytics is and will play an integral role in the future success and growth of the business, and for that reason we are now looking for the right person to lift our data and analytics capabilities to the next level.
You will be working in a fast pace and dynamic environment where autonomy and freedom to experiment is at the core of how we work.
Twill is positioned uniquely within the Maersk Group to pave the way for digital innovation and is considered a key driver in the digital transformation of the maersk group. As such we are expected and ecouraged to do things differently.
– We work with the tools, approach and processes that you would experience in a start up environment but have the added benefit of being backed by the industry leading enterprise
– You will have the autonomy and freedom to develop, shape and drive the Data & analytics strategy within Twill
– We are a very diverse team with colleagues from many different backgrounds (both professionally and geographically), which fosters a unique culture of innovation.
The head of Twill data & Analytics is responsible for the strategic and technical direction of the twill data platform and team.
The role drives performance of analytics solutions to impact overall business results, and will be critical in championing the use of data in making business decisions.
Key responsibilities will amongst others be;
– Develop and implement Twill data & analytics strategy
– Lead and develop a team of highly skilled data scientists
– Collaborate crossfunctionally with all departments across product, tech, CX, pricing and marketing to implement analytical solutions
– Professionalise and streamline Twills approach to developing, implementing and maintaing data and analytical models
We are looking for
A candidate who has a technical background and foundation coupled with a sound understanding of business drivers and requirements.
The ideal candidate has the vision and ability to identify, deploy and imbed analytical solutions and models in the AI and Machine Learnings area, into the business ultimately improving our customers’ experience and improving business results.
The candidates educational background is likely a master’s degree (Phd preferred) in Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Business Administration, or related field.
The ideal candidate has
– 7-10 years experience working as a senior data analyst or data scientist, working in a complex business environment with experience in the execution of data analytics initiatives, leading to the development of useful insights and the improvement of a business’s performance
– Will have demonstrated success leading teams either indirectly or directly in a crossfunctional environment
– Is a strong communicator and can articulate complex problems in a simple and easy to understand manner.
– Has strong interpersonal skills, and capability to deal diplomatically in conflicting interest situations
– Thinks innovatively and stimulates creative ideas that adds value
– Preferably has a solid understanding of the complexity of the maersk data landscape (not a requirement)