We are looking for an experienced Lead Architect Data & Analytics to help manage existing data resources, implement new technologies and tooling to further enable science and analytics, as well as help drive scalable data sharing practices. You will own data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new processes that support teams across the enterprise. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities and an innate drive to deliver results.
Role and responsibility
- Accountable for development and maintenance of the overall current and target architecture of the Data Platform and managing the backlog together with the DevOps team.
- Working closely with Solution and Data Domain Architects on designing Performance Management and Advanced Analytics solutions.
- Further develop Enterprise Architecture in LEO Pharma which includes active participation in the architecture governance activities and taking lead on EA initiatives.
- Leading a high performance and engaging team of Data Engineers, Data and Solution Architects.
- Be highly collaborative with Product Management, Enterprise Architects, Data owners and consumers throughout the company.
- Approach initiatives with a consultancy mindset and clearly communicate the business value of our technology roadmap.
- Set the direction for our strategic vendors in Data & Analytics area.
- Research of new technology/data architecture trends that may be applied to LEO Pharma.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Solid experience with using AWS technologies for data management.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with major data platforms and technologies for managing structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Hands-on experience in implementing solutions involving Data Management (incl. Data Warehouses and Data Lakes), Data Governance, Control & Quality, and Data Analytics applications and tooling.
- Experience mentoring Data Architects and Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed.
- Scrum and agile enthusiast who brings high energy to motivate the teams and proven track record of successfully mentoring software engineering teams.
- Experience in data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using EMR, Hadoop, Hive, or other Big Data technologies.
- Proven experience with highly available, fault-tolerant, large scale and performant systems.
- Strong (written and verbal) communication skills.
- Strong analytical background and demonstrated problem solver.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks of varying priority and deliver with quality.
- Experience with security standards like symmetric and asymmetric encryption, virtual private clouds, IP whitelisting, LDAP authentication, and other methods.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.) is a plus.
Your new team
You will join a newly established and growing agile team of highly skilled professionals focused on Cloud and Data Capabilities at LEO Pharma’s headquarters in Ballerup, Greater Copenhagen. You will work in close collaboration with Lead Architects in Enterprise Architecture covering the end-to-end IT landscape and with a passion for leveraging technology and data. We design IT solutions across the global organization. We share a passion for taking advantage of the opportunities in IT and in the overall design and converting it to business benefits. Our work environment is characterized by knowledge sharing, open dialogue and room for having a good time together.