We are a growing startup and due to strong demand for our software, we are looking for a full-time Data Scientist with 1 – 3 years’ experience who can help us developing exciting new analytic products. Starting with a chaotic trillion-entry-sized data set, structuring it, deriving relevant insights, all the way through product deployment.
Your core focus will be on understanding the structure of the data, analyzing it, building models, training them, identifying regional preferences, etc. and re-iterating again to improve accuracy and derive new insights. We expect you will use tools as R, Python, Jupyter, x-SQL and Big Query. But we are also open to learn something new, if you can move faster with other tools.
Eventually the derived logic will be put in production, and you will interact will developers working in Java, Python and PostgreSQL.
You will work from our head office in DTU, Lyngby, together with colleagues abroad (India, Singapore and Norway) in an Agile approach, using English.
We are a small company and you will also be encouraged to support us in other tasks: meeting customers, interacting with suppliers, designing architecture and much else. This will both help us cover all tasks, but also enable you to get a holistic understanding of our products and how we can best deliver value for our customers.
We are working exclusively with the analytics for maritime industry, and you will need to build significant domain knowledge to succeed. So, if you have experience with shipping, or always dreamt of the seven seas, this is also a position for you!
- 1+ years’ work-experience as Data scientist
- Education and experience with algorithms, computational complexity, statistics, and ML/AI techniques
- Education and experience with statistics, such as distributions, statistical testing, and confidence intervals.
- Proven experience in statistical data mining techniques
- Good understanding of computational complexity
- Familiarity in working with data visualization tools
- Advanced programming skills in Python and/or R skills, as well as in one or more strictly type-safe programming languages, such as C++, JAVA, C#.Net
- Experience with data wrangling on large datasets (SQL/NoSQL)
- Geospatial/temporal data knowledge is welcome
- Good communication skills in English
- Danish / EU work permit
- Possibility to make a big contribution within a small company with a great potential
- A company culture that values technical capabilities and the ability to translate these into product features.
- Work in a learning organization and thriving startup culture, directly with the founders
- Huge room for creativity and innovation
- Equity participation to the right candidate
- Partly flexible work location
BunkerMetric’s SaaS products, BunkerPlanner and BargeTracker, provide valuable analytical insights for optimized procurement, planning and utilization of marine fuels (bunkers). The global maritime fuel market has a global turnover of +200 Billion USD and is under constant pressure to reduce cost and reduce its environmental footprint, changes which BunkerMetric actively supports with our software.