Would you like to work with data and drive change initiatives in a dynamic organisation? We are now looking for a Senior Business Analyst to help us implementing IT based change initiatives by bridging between IT developers and business specialists.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
Nordea Asset Management (NAM) is the centre for investment management in the Nordea Group and in the Asset & Wealth Management division. NAM is the largest asset manager in the Nordics with the vision of being a globally established European Asset Manager. We want to do this by delivering returns with responsibility. We meet customer demands and guide our customers in the right direction in asset selection while ensuring prudent ESG practices. NAM has around 900 employees and more than 475 Nordic and international institutional clients.
Join us in creating IT solutions for one of the fastest growing Asset Manager in Europe.
Working together with our IT and business specialists, you will be business & data analysts on development of IT solutions. With an understanding of both business and technologies.
About this opportunity
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to work with smart and ambitious people in a collaborative and fast moving environment.
As business & data analyst in Operations Solutions, your main responsibility is to take a coordinating role in the value chain and be the bridge between business and IT on change initiatives from initial scoping to implementation and handover. You understand business requirements and transform them into concrete specifications and IT solutions together with developers, business specialists and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate projects from initiation to completion in close collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Coordinate analysis to support improvement in existing data flows as well as the implementation of a future looking information target architecture for credit and risk, credit data definitions cross the data councils.
- Onboard and involve stakeholders in strategic dialogues on all organizational levels.
- When required build up specific competencies on specific data assets as an SME, data steward or data asset owner.
- Identify potential and actively propose improvements to streamline the end to end credit processes, enable automation through data and increase quality.
What you’ll be doing
- Eliciting business functional and non-functional requirements
- Direct contact with third party vendors
- Writing requirements, use cases, test cases and conduct testing with developers and end users.
- Source-to-target data mapping
- Analysing and modelling data structures with IT developers
- Coordinate IT development projects and initiatives to improve processes, data domains, services and software deliveries through data and business analysis
- Organising tasks across several projects simultaneously
- Working with stakeholders of all levels i.e. from Business Heads to specialists
- Supporting business units on ad hoc enquiries.
The role is based in Copenhagen.
Who you are
The ideal candidate is ambitious, eager to learn and wants to make a difference. This position could be suitable for you with experience in the financial markets, or a senior analyst, who is looking to take the initial steps in a career in finance and get a really broad exposure. We believe that you:
- Are results-oriented and effectively prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Can question the as-is and eager to continuously improve
- Have great analytical skills, solid problem-solving skills, and a structured way of working
- Be responsible for multiple projects whilst having an eye on the details. You have analytical skills.
- You are self-driven with good coordination skills and find motivation by seeking information and opportunities for IT improvements yourself in a cross-functional organisation.
- Have solid communication skills both orally and in writing.
Experience and background
- Driver of business analysis, business requirements and implementation of change
- Proficient in documenting and conceptualizing requirements capturing the essential in complex environments
- Understanding of agile (Scrum) and project management methodologies
- Experience with SimCorp Dimension is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- SQL knowledge and programming experience will be an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Minimum a Bachelor degree and +4 years working as a business analyst in the financial sector.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!