At Nets Merchant Services, we are going all-in to establish agile best practice around product development and portfolio management. Key to that transformation will be to provide insights and metrics on how our products and portfolio perform in the market, and anchor those insights with the product development team, as well as upper management, to ensure that they drive concrete actions that help steer our products to be customer-focused and competitive.
Working for Nets, you’ll become part of an exciting growth journey. We’ve set out to make it easier and more intuitive to handle payments, because we see it as the foundation for growth and progress both in commerce and society.
To support continued growth and ensure delivery of several strategic projects within Nets, we are now extending the team with a Senior Data Engineer familiar with the Hadoop and Big Data eco system.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be part of an international team of 12 data professionals, counting data engineers, data scientists, product owners and business analysts. You will work together as an agile team, to provide insights-as-a-product, both for internal customers, as well as external customers.
You will be working with colleagues across the Europe, and in a context where the organisation fully supports the blending of technical and business skills. Our company structure allows you to build your own career and grow in a business that encompasses all aspects of the digital payment value chain.
This role can be based in our offices in Denmark or Finland.
Your key responsibilities are:
- To establish data flows, both based on batch and real-time frameworks.
- To transform large data sets based on Spark/Scala.
- To enable robust and scalable integration and provision of data towards customer channels.
- To work in a true agile team setting, with DevOps practices, fixed cadence, continuous learning, dedicated product ownership and customer focus.
- To follow product development from MVP to full fledged operational solutions
It’s the full package that you bring to work every day that gets the job done. Your professional acumen and experience form most of your qualifications, but it’s your personality that makes the difference to succeed in this role. Especially the little twists we all have that makes us personalities instead of just a person. (Potentially add more to the engaging introduction to the person we are looking for)
Your professional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant education i.e. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Senior developer in either Java or Scala – good knowledge of Python and SQL
- 3-5 years experience with Hadoop ecosystem including Spark, Hive, and HBase
- Experience with real time streaming technologies like Kafka, and Rabbit MQ
- Experience with midrange technologies like Linux and RDBMS an added advantage
- General knowledge of Data management, ETL, Scheduling and Data Quality principles
- Experience from Fintech Sector
Besides that little twist in your personality that makes you, we are looking for a colleague who:
- Team players above all, but also able and willing to work independently
- Proactive, result-oriented and structured approach
- Excited, energetic and actively engaging with colleagues on all levels of the organization
- Able to joggle many tasks of different complexity, duration and urgency
- Fluency in English both verbal and written