As a part of Mastercard, you’ll be joining in on an exciting growth journey. Our mission is to make payments options easier and more intuitive to use, as we see this as the fundamental future growth and progress in trade, and for society in general.
In Mastercard Payment Services we have a responsibility to develop and optimize our business; but operating in a payments market that is undergoing rapid development, raises the bar for the need to evolve and adapt – meaning that the development of modern payments solutions are high on the agenda.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Become a key player on our data-driven journey
You’ll need to excel in stakeholder management, being able to build a bridge between the different departments, to ensure we can meet the data needs in the organisation. You will become part of a team that aside from having industry leading payments competencies, have a broad interpersonal and professional skillset. To be a success you’ll need to be able to operate within this context, allowing your analytical and commercial trade expertise to shine – by also showing your flair for honest and concise communication to the different layers of stakeholders, with very different backgrounds.
You need to be a result-oriented team player, who loves changes and creating lasting results in a team setting.
In your role you’ll be an important stakeholder for our very ambitious development journey in Mastercard, that builds on our position as a Nordic leader within payments – with a 50 year track record within consumer & corporate payments.
You’ll become part of a Data & Commercial Management team that is nested under Business & Product Development; wherein you will both be helping the business day-to-day, as well as setting out to improve the foundation for tomorrow. You will be working with large datasets and will need to be able to tie the string together, when faced with ambiguity – reaching out to stakeholders across the organisation.
As a key player in the data democratisation, you will be working directly on our ‘must win battles’ related to data visualisation, dashboards, reporting & performance tracking – this is where you’ll really need to shine.
There will be plenty of opportunity to refine existing skills in your professional toolkit, acquire new ones, and to be pulled into price optimization/modelling, business cases, governance of pricing/negotiations, data collection, etc.
In other words, there will be plenty of data specific tasks on your plate – but there will be ample opportunity to be pulled into more commercial/strategic transformation initiatives.
It is a very broad role with lots of opportunity to grow, for someone with the ambitions to be part of the decision-making processes all the way.
Key tasks for a Senior Data Manager…:
• Development and maintenance of a broader BI-Suite (PowerBI)
• Data Visualisation and Dashboards (both generic and standard views)
• Development of monthly/quarterly reports and presentations for top management
• Data retrieval from our DB2 tables from AQT (SQL)
• Quarterly Reporting to the Danish National Bank
• Revenue optimization trough analytics of internal/external trends – in close collaboration with the commercial management team
• Development of tools for benefit tracking of business cases (nested into BI tools)
• Supporting management with more data driven decision-making, where you are expected to both challenge and quality recommendations
• Implementation of guidelines & processes for revenue and profit optimization
Your professional qualifications include:
• A strong academic background (ex. cand.oecon, cand.polit or similar) where you’ve worked with complex tasks and issues
• Experience from a role covering similar tasks, in a company with a broad portfolio of customer (Telco, Energy, Insurance, Finance, etc.)
• A good track record of developing and maintaining large data models; breaking down production data and making it useable in a broader context
• A keen eye for good governance and processes for prisændringer og bonus sammen med salg og finansfunktioner.
• Knowledge of SQL
• Demonstrated strong communication skills and a good track record of operating successfully within the space between management and the broader organisation.