Does working at one of Europe’s largest fin-tech companies sound interesting to you? Are you keen to join a rapidly growing team, in an international environment where you’ll get tons of opportunities to develop yourself, and collaborate with colleagues from all over Europe? If so, you are in the right place!
Nets is part of the Nexi group. As a group, we come from the merger and integration of Nexi, Nets and Sia; with a presence in more than 25 countries, more than 10,000 employees across Europe and experience on the market for more than 80 years. We provide limitless growth opportunities for our employees.
Why join us in 2023?
Just think of all the virtual shopping platforms, online stores, digital wallets, QR code payments and the contactless payment technology that stands behind them; this is all technology we use daily, the technology that will mark our future. By joining our team, you will be shaping the future of digital banking with us, working in a modern, innovative, and ever-changing environment.
About your future role
Operating in the financial and banking industries, our compliance and regulatory practices are continuously under a high level of focus and scrutiny. We have a strong focus on safeguarding our customers personal data and are now looking to strengthen our Compliance & Regulatory team with a GDPR Expert, to support and further develop our efforts and quality of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance throughout the organisation.
You will become part of a team with 6 dedicated Compliance Officers including the Nets Data Protection Officer (DPO) with whom you will have a close co-operation and report to.
More specifically your key responsibilities in this role will be:
- Advising and guiding business units and group functions on general and specific data protection related questions and issues with focus on the Nordic Region
- Monitoring actual GDPR compliance in the region
- Aligning with GDPR colleagues from other countries and find coordinated solutions to protect personal data in our European journey
- Drafting TIAs, LIAs and help conduct DPIAs
- Conducting ad hoc audits of Business and Group Units
- Monitoring changes in regulation, interpretation national data protection laws, as well as GDPR, and then facilitating their implementation in the Group
- Assist and consult on data breach management in collaboration with the DPO and the business
- Develop and conduct training and awareness activities on data protection matters
What makes you the best person for this job?
Experience needed to be successful in this role:
- Legal background (e.g. Masters of Law, cand.merc.jur)
- Good communication skills in English and a Nordic language, both verbal and written (additional knowledge of Italian is a plus)
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience working with GDPR
- Knowledge of Nordic jurisdictions and administrative practice of data protection supervisory authorities, and willingness to dive into other regions privacy laws as well
Additional skillsets and experience that would make you a good fit:
- If you have worked in an international context and have gained experience and knowledge about legislation in other jurisdictions while having English as working language
- Any Data Protection Certifications
- Having experience in 2nd line of defence work