Are you an ambitious Business or Technology student? And are you keen to work in an international environment consolidating and working with five different countries?
Then you should go ahead and apply for the position as Student Assistant in Specsavers Northern Europe Service Assurance department.
It has been an incredible journey from our humble beginnings to where we are now. Along the way, we have actively sought out challenges to bring us closer to our ambition: to bring accessible healthcare to the high street.
Today, Specsavers (better known as Louis Nielsen in Denmark) is the world’s largest private optical retailer, operating in more than 10 countries and providing eye and hearing care to over 38 million customers globally, together with more than 37,000 employees at our stores and support offices.
Our optical stores are supported by centralised teams of specialists and here the Northern Europe Finance team serves a central consolidating finance function for the region covering Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and the Netherlands.
What you’ll do
As our new Student Assistant, you will become part of the Service Assurance department sitting in our Northern European Support Office (NESO) in Copenhagen, Hvidovre. You will be part of the NE Technology team and will work closely with our local country offices within the region, constituting approximately 60 technology colleagues in total, together with NESO.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the creation of and tracking and analysis for our store process reporting
- Support reporting for the NE supplier surveys
- Support the creation and analysis of the monthly Contract Pod reports
- Support the management of the SA Sharepoint site to ensure all information is up to date, relevant and easy to find
- Maintain and update the agile library of information for NE Technology, ensuring team best practices are captured and documented
- Work with the SA Analysts to update and maintain the SA comms plan
- Assist in developing of training guides and videos with the wider NE Technology team on agile methodologies to help support our ways of working
- Set up templates and quality check submissions for our governance sessions
- Take minutes for governance meetings, ensuring that actions are followed up on and ready for review at the next session
- Work with the NE Technology team to ensure that outcomes from meetings are shared as appropriate
- Work with the appropriate teams to ensure the agenda is ready and updated for the weekly stand up sessions every week
Who you are
The position is ideal for a business or a technology student with an interest in technology reporting and agile ways of working. It will be a unique opportunity to work with dynamic regional and national teams and insights and to do so, it’s vital to have good acumen of the English language. Other than that, you should also be able to accommodate the following qualifications:
- Have started your 2nd year of a Bachelor, at Copenhagen Business School or similar
- Hold advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Attentive to details and willingness to learn new things to handle tasks differently
- Have a flexible approach to work, yet still able to take ownership of tasks and handle tight deadlines
What’s in it for you?
At Specsavers/Louis Nielsen, we promise you a highly dynamic workplace and a company that is growing at a high pace. Specsavers is constantly changing, but we’ve always kept being very passionate about being number 1 in everything we do. You’ll work with different people throughout the business, all willing to go the extra mile for our brand.
On top of that, we offer all kinds of employee perks, such as:
- Join a smart, passionate, and confident team with colleagues from many nationalities
- A flexible work environment with the opportunity to travel around Europe, if required
- Great training and development opportunities, where no two days will be the same in our changing matrix environment
- Work close to the business evolvement in both support offices and stores
- A salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, health insurance and other staff benefits
- Be part of a business which serves a major impact on the future of eye and hearing care