Svitzer offers an exciting opportunity as Student Assistant in Group Procurement where you will be part of an ambitious team supporting the transformation of the global procurement function.
The position offers the right candidate an opportunity to join an ambitious and international company that values cross-functional collaboration. The Group Procurement Team is based in Copenhagen and sets direction, monitor and coordinate global procurement activities for 440 vessels operating across 33 countries globally.
A lean and flat structure in a performance driven culture gives you the ability to significantly impact your role and contribute to the success of the procurement team and our global company. We offer the right candidate the opportunity of continuous professional and personal development, both within Svitzer and the Maersk Group. An environment where you will get feedback and coaching from your manager and team members and consistently work at the edge of your comfort zone to support your personal and professional development.
As a Student Assistant within the Maersk Group you will be part of the Students@Maersk network, where Students across different Business Units are invited to various events and social gatherings. This gives you an unique opportunity to expand your professional network while gaining significant insight across the Maersk Group.
Work hours are flexible, especially around examination periods. We expect you to work 15 to 20 hours per week.
As a Student Assistant in Group Procurement, you will get exposed to a variety of tasks and work closely with colleagues in Copenhagen and across the globe to deliver the following responsibilities:
• Mapping and analysing data, e.g. on current spend patterns to identify cost drivers and opportunities for savings and procurement efficiency improvements in complex marketplaces.
• Assist the team with strategic decision making through data analysis and by communicating and presenting complex data in a compelling way to key stakeholders both internally and externally
• Prepare and communicate status and progress on global/regional/local procurement performance and key metrics.
• Collaborate with regional procurement teams on improved performance plans and related metrics.
• Support preparation of sourcing projects and supplier negotiations.
• Prepare reports and drive supplier performance framework in close collaboration with global and regional category managers.
We are looking for
Our employees represent a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experience and nationalities – most important to us is your personal skills, and interest and curiosity in learning more about working in a global procurement function.
• You are on the last year of your Bachelor studies or first year of your Master studies in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or similar
• Excellent academic performance – top 10% performer
• You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment and you are motivated by the international scope of our business
• You enjoy taking ownership, responsibility and you are entrepreneurial about finding ways to improve the business
• You are an advanced user of the Microsoft Office package. You are especially comfortable with Excel based analysis and able to transform conclusions into key messages. Experience with Power BI is an advantage
• You have a global mind-set supported by high level of proficiency and confidence in spoken and written English
• A team player, who understands the importance of stakeholder management, can build rapport with people on all levels – even in challenging situations
Relevant experience from a student job or internship is preferred, but not a requirement.