Are you looking for an exciting hands-on learning opportunity to develop your analytical capabilities and build your knowledge towards becoming a data scientist? Are you a student and want to work with data science in ROCKWOOL?
This is who we are
At our HQ in Hedehusene, you will become part of our Group Research and Development department. Here, you will be stepping into a vibrant project organisation, where you will be an integrated part of an ongoing project. You will be working closely with the Project Manager as well as other specialists in the project.
This is the role
You will be supporting an R&D project. The project is a quality improvement project exploring the use of track & trace to increase knowledge on how to reduce the number of defects, while producing the wool. A solid basis has already been established. Focus for the right candidate will be to continue the data engineering, the analysis and the visualization of results, under supervision from the Project Manager and a Senior Data scientist with knowledge of the project.
- Perform data engineering tasks, i.e., access, cleanse and analyse large datasets from various source systems
- Create machine learning models and find meaningful patterns from the data
- Develop visualizations or dashboards in tools and applications for decision support
- With guidance, create a story line and develop slides to summarise findings and insights and provide Project Manager with recommendations to the business
This is what you offer
You are currently a master student, in a quantitative subject – with excellent results and a natural flair for data.
- Proven programming experience with a high-level language (preferably Python)
- Demonstrated skills in manipulating and analysing complex data
- Knowledge of statistical methods and classical machine learning
- Experienced with visualisation tools such as Powerbi
- Have some knowledge of database structure, SQL and data engineering
- Able to explain and communicate quantitative analysis in a clear manner
- Fluent in spoken and written English
We expect that you will be good at what you do and have a burning desire to learn new things. You deliver results – and can work both independently and together with others.
This is what we offer
The job provides the opportunity to exciting and important work in a global organisation with great development opportunities. The job is approx. 15 hours per week and will last at least 6 months starting probably mid-December.