Are you eager to learn more about data and contribute to how a global organization manages the complexity of Master Data?
Maersk Drilling has a keen focus on digitalization and innovation. Here the quality and use of master data plays a strategic enabling role. Only with the right quality of master data will Maersk Drilling be able to understand and unlock the potential that exists in our data.
With reference to the Head of Master Data Management you will become an integrated part of the Central Master Data Competency Center (MDM CC) which organization-wide facilitates Maersk Drillings master data efforts. Besides the Student Assistant, the Central team consists of 2 people, however you will also work closely with our team in Manila and Singapore.
Students working in Maersk Drilling are invited to join the Students@MD community, in which there are various events throughout the year. As a member of the community, you will have a unique opportunity to expand your professional and social networks, gain additional insight into a large global organization, and learn more about Maersk Drilling as a place to work.
As a Student Assistant, your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with preparation of cross-organization master data meetings
- Supporting with planning and facilitation of workshops and Master Data forums
- Creating minutes from the cross-organization master data meetings
- Building various master data quality indicators and assist with migrations jobs and data clean-up.
- Updating and managing the Information Model, that stores critical business rules for the use of data throughout the organization.
- Supporting the Master Data Quality Analyst with data analysis activities and PowerBI content management
- Provide support in a key ERP system upgrade project in the Master Data track.
- Ad-hoc assignments
Who we are looking for
You are studying within a relevant field (i.e. IT, Data Management or similar), and are either finishing your Bachelor’s degree or just started your Master’s degree.
As a person, you are:
Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Work in a structured and systematic manner
- Have good analytical reasoning and problem solving skills which lead to solutions that are carefully thought through
- A strong team player with good communication skills
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office and you are not afraid of working with complex IT systems
- Responsible and motivated to work both alone and in teams
- Flexible in adapting as and when priorities change
Ideally, you have experience within
- SQL programming or SSIS
- Working with relational databases
- Advanced excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
The working hours are estimated at 15-20 hours a week and can be planned flexibly around your studies, with opportunities to contribute more during university holidays.
As you will be in an international working environment with stakeholders based around the globe, you must be able to communicate proficiently in English and interact with people at various organizational levels. Knowledge of Danish is not a prerequisite.