Are you looking for an exciting hands-on learning opportunity to develop your analytical capabilities and build your knowledge towards becoming a data scientist? Are you a student and want to work with data science in ROCKWOOL? Where you get the opportunity to work alongside experienced colleagues.
This is who we are
Our purpose at ROCKWOOL is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living. ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
We at Data Science are part of Digital Innovation with a mission to take our factory to the forefront of Intelligent Manufacturing by harvesting the power of data, by collecting data and creating machine learning models. We utilise IOT, analytics and algorithms to maximise safety and optimize our production efficiency all over the world.
This is the role
You will be a part of the Data Science Team with a dynamic and multinational team of data scientists and analysts in our headquarters in Hedehusene, Denmark.
You will be an integrated member of our team and will support our Data Science portfolio. You will work on specific use cases in sprint style as well as various ad-hoc data-related tasks, such as:
- Perform data engineering tasks, i.e., access, cleanse and analyse large datasets from various source systems
- Create machine learning models and find meaningful patterns from the data
- Develop visualizations or dashboards in tools and applications for decision support
- With guidance, create a story line and develop slides to summarise findings and insights and provide recommendations to the business
- Prepare reporting and management material to support the AI portfolio
This is what you offer
You are currently a master student, in a quantitative subject – with excellent results and a natural flair for data. You have:
- Proven programming experience with a high-level language (preferably Python)
- Demonstrated skills in manipulating and analysing complex data
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and classical machine learning
- Experienced with visualisation tools
- Have some knowledge of database structure, SQL and data engineering
- Able to explain and communicate quantitative analysis in a clear manner
- Fluent in spoken and written English
We expect that you will be good at what you do and have a burning desire to learn new things. You deliver results – and can work both independently and together with others.
This is what we offer
The job provides the opportunity to exciting and important work in a global organisation with great development opportunities. The job is approx. 15 hours per week and we hope that you have a least one year left on your master education.