Would you like to create value out of data and become a part of the team empowering our Operations organisation within a leading European asset manager?
If so, then this opportunity is up for grabs. We are looking for a talented Student Data Engineer to join our Operations Solutions Team.
At Nordea, we know our customers’ needs are changing – and we’re deeply committed to meeting them with the financial solutions of tomorrow. We’re creating an agile environment where we’re harnessing the power of technology – one where you can make an impact. So, bring your skills, ideas and creative background. With us, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
You’ll join Operations Solutions, who is responsible for delivering in-house development towards our Operations organisation. This covers both application development, integration with external/internal systems and reporting solutions, primarily based on our core system Simcorp Dimension.
You will be part of an experienced team working in an Agile development environment, aiming to service our client focusing colleagues with the best possible tools and services. It is a special opportunity to join and learn from people who are passionate about technology, data, finance and business.
In this role we will mentor you so you will be soon able to contribute in solving real cases and see impact of your work influence the wider organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Examine, plan, design and develop solutions that support data flows and business processes
- Build scalable and resilient software solutions according to best practices
- Build sound data solutions based on Rest APIs, which will be the foundation for internal consumption and reporting
- Assist on defining data domains expressed by our API landscape
- Integrate external vendor data into our platform
- Monitor, improve and constantly optimize existing structures, data flows and processes
- Work in a culture which embraces DevOps principles and automation of software delivery
- Directly engage with the stakeholders within the organization
The role is based in Copenhagen, Christiansbro.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- You are outgoing, service minded and flexible when needed
- You have great analytical skills, good development skills and a practical approach to problem solving as our development is done in iterative loops in close co-operation with our stakeholders
- Most important is an acknowledgement of an ever-changing future and a need to explore and be ahead in the game. This position could be suitable for you as a student, who is looking to take the initial steps in a career in technology and finance and get a really broad exposure
- That you have a big passion about working with and understanding data and business domains
- Share our mindset of automation, where we strive to put all the tedious tasks in code to free up the resources to work on the things which bring value
Your experience and background:
- Solid in Python / C#/ .NET and Entity Framework or a desire to learn
- Microservices and RESTful APIs
- Working SQL Knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Knowledge of building and optimising data pipelines and data modelling
- Test driven development (using xUnit, the Python ‘unittest’ framework or an alternative to produce automated tests of the code developed)
- Our ideal candidate will have experience with GIT and with container technology (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Good communication skills and good proficiency in English
Whereas it is not important that you are experienced in all the mentioned qualifications, we expect you to be interested to learn so we can mentor you so you can contribute within those fields.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!