Do you dream of a global work horizon, where you can be part of setting the sustainability agenda?
At Chr. Hansen, we work to grow a better world, Naturally, and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1.5 billion people every day. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living, sustainable agriculture – and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed.
Would you like to work for the world’s most sustainable food ingredient company? Do you want to leave your mark in society by contributing to our sustainability efforts? Then we are looking for an ambitious, motivated Student Worker for Sustainability & Corporate Affairs team in Hoersholm, who with strong analytical and communication skills and a can-do attitude can work alongside us in improving food and health and contributing positively to the UN Global Goals.
Want to join us?
The team for you to join
You will become part of our Sustainability & Corporate Affairs team comprising corporate communication, corporate branding, public affairs and sustainability. As a team we value people with passion. We have an informal tone in a professional environment and strives to create a flexible, inspiring, collaborative and playful work environment.
What would your role look like?
As a Student Worker you will have a wide number of tasks, which will vary according to the priorities of the department and the company.
You would be expected to work 15 hours/week.
Some of the main tasks involve:
- Support in carrying out sustainability assessments using the life cycle assessment tool, to calculate carbon footprints and compare alternatives to various applications of Chr. Hansen solutions
- Coordination of customer and investor requests, including management of online platforms such as SEDEX, Eco-Vadis and support for investor rankings such as the Carbon Disclosure Project
- Development and update of standard tools and collateral, e.g. standard slide presentations, FAQs, etc.
- Supporting the business with extraction of complex data for various purposes, including impact assessment, customer request and KPI reporting
- Various administrative tasks such as invoice settlements, cleaning of shared drives, office logistics etc.
Who are we looking for?
You are in the process of completing a Bachelor or have just embarked a Master’s degree within either engineering (e.g. Environmental Technology, Biotechnology, Life Science or similar) or business/communication with a flair for data and “love of Excel”. You have strong analytical skills with the ability to handle large amounts of information – quantitative and qualitative – and present findings in a compelling and easily understandable way. This entails also good writing skills with the ability to understand and convert technical information into stories relevant for a wider, non-technical audience.
In addition, you have:
- Strong communication skills with an intuitive understanding of how sustainability can be made relevant for external and internal stakeholders
- An ability to work independently on tasks and willingness to take responsibility for finding solutions to complex problems
- A high degree of personal efficiency with a can-do attitude
- Comfortable with IT-system and has an interest in working with them
- Skills in the use of PowerPoint, Excel and other relevant tools
It is essential that you write and speak English fluently.
What we offer you?
We offer you to become part of our dynamic Sustainability & Corporate Affairs team and this is your opportunity to hone your skills and profile while building up a broad contact base in the organization through your work as well as through informal networking opportunities such as our Young Employees Network.