In this Associate Data Scientist role, you will be working within the Offer-to-Agreement business platform as part of the forecasting and modelling data science team, developing solutions focused on contract pricing and related revenue management needs.
We wear what makes us feel comfortable in our newly renovated office; we meet for walks along the water; we enjoy breakfast and lunch in our canteen – or in our collaboration lounges – while finding solutions to problems that affect millions of people every day. If you are passionate about working in an entrepreneurial environment supporting an ambitious team on a great transformation journey – then this role is the perfect next step in your career!
This position offers a unique opportunity to develop and apply your cutting-edge knowledge of data science to create results and insights that are transforming the transport and logistics industry. As an Associate Data Scientist with Maersk, you will be part of the community of data science practitioners across the company, where we develop the foundations of our future business.
• We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies.
• We embrace innovation methods where we have a close dialogue with end users, make early use of mock-ups & POCs and are committed to incremental development.
• We value customer outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
• We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures.
• We offer the freedom, and responsibility, to shape the setup and the processes we use in our community.
• We support continuous learning, including through conferences, workshops and meetups.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a dynamic team that solves some of the toughest problems in the industry and builds the future of trade & logistics. Maersk’s Technology organisation offers a unique opportunity to impact global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world. In our Copenhagen office, we are a team of more than 30 nationalities. We focus on our people and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterised by change and continuous progress.
As a Data Scientist you will participate in projects focused on contract pricing, to shape business decisions and drive digital transformation at one of the largest companies in the world.
Your responsibilities include:
• Deeply understand business problems for contract pricing and apply your ability with predictive modelling, forecasting, machine learning, operations research or mathematical optimisation techniques to deliver commercially valuable insights. We care about team members who are not only technical specialists, but are excited about understanding the logistics domain—no prior experience in logistics required, so long as you are committed to learning!
• We work end-to-end: design, prototype, implement and test descriptive, predictive and optimisation models as software, in a talented and highly engaged team of data scientists and software engineers.
• Operate in scrum teams and independently direct time and resources together with other software engineers and data scientists in the team. You will need to participate in transforming the way we work. The cultural transformation of our business and industry is the guarantee of long-term growth and success.
• You will partner with businesses and internal/external stakeholders, including traveling to our front-line locations around the world on occasion. This is a role with global impact, and requires a candidate motivated by and comfortable with a highly international environment.
We are looking for
• M.Sc. degree in statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, computer science or related field. PhD and/or work experience is a definite plus.
• Experience with using Python and SQL to build and apply data science models (e.g., predictive and optimisation). R skills are valued, but you need to commit to achieving high skill with Python.
• Understanding and experience with the theory and application of data science models, for example machine learning and statistical models (prediction, classification, clustering, time series forecasting, regression models, etc.), mathematical optimisation, decision science and operations research (linear and mixed-integer programming, dynamic optimisation, stochastic optimisation, etc.)
• A good team player, balanced with the autonomy and motivation to produce individually. You are a problem solver comfortable with a fast-paced ambiguous environment. You embrace applied discovery and testing with real data over ML techniques on paper
• Ability to communicate data science results to business stakeholders.
• Fluent proficiency in both written and oral English. Competence with Excel and Word.
• Experience with using large data system (e.g. SQL, Hadoop, or Spark) and data visualization.
• Working knowledge of Git, Docker, Kubernetes and cloud technologies, ideally Azure.