You will join a global and diverse team that commits to making the difference for our customers. As Business Analyst, you will help pave the way for our success in close collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders and have the chance to work across a range of cutting-edge Lead Logistics products and add-ons.
It is an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible to drive projects, track and steer the business performance of the Lead Logistics Product Family.
As a Business Analyst, you do more than just support our leaders; you track and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, and ensure we have good quality data available, allowing our team to be best equipped to solve the job at hand. This position requires a combination of administrative, project management, process optimization, analytical and execution skills.
The role enables the Lead Logistics business to make timely data driven decisions by providing actionable insights out of companywide metrics (financial and operational) and business knowledge gained in close collaboration with the respective functions.
In this role, you will be responsible for handling a variety of responsibilities such as: Leveraging your strength in organization and thrive off of enabling the people to be as productive and impactful as possible. You maintain accuracy and flexibility when completing any given task and are committed to seeing every project through to its completion. You take ownership and step up when things go wrong. Communication is one of your strengths and you excel at constructing order out of chaos.
You will also be responsible for driving projects forward and owning their outcomes, either via delegation or direct ownership. Our ideal candidate is innovative, collaborative, and capable of dealing with complex dynamics. In Lead Logistics, you will be a part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about their jobs as they are about the Maersk strategy. We operate in a high accountability, high expectation environment where the goal is always to produce the best solution and willingness to accept and respond to feedback is critical.
As Lead Logistics Business Analyst, you will:
• Visualize the insights into P&L and key value drivers and performance, enabling the department to be true P&L owner and make well-founded decisions backed by historic and projected financial and operational outcomes
• Package and present analytical findings in all levers to generate growth and profitability (including improvement suggestions)
• Predictive modelling with cross functional departments like Operations, regions, Finance and IT to support “what-if” analysis on costs and resource levels of (future) developments
• Provide input, as needed, in Product Development process to ensure financial and operational metrics can be captured and reported consistently.
• Develop new metrics in line with our strategy to measure the expansion of scope and success of new commercial models
• Work on many different types of problems and challenges – from managing complex projects, to providing execution support with existing teams
• Craft and implement processes to reduce friction and enable the teams / projects you support to use their resources most effectively
• Partner with Maersk’s internal stakeholders to scope projects / initiatives and deliver timely results
• Leverage the collective knowledge of the team – learn and develop expertise to cover business needs and take charge of your personal growth
We are looking for
As a person you are disciplined and well-organized with a strong emphasis on getting things done timely and correctly.
You have a strategic, proactive, and analytical mind-set, you are dedicated to developing high expertise within a given field and you have a good sense of humour.
In addition, you thrive in a fast paced and competitive environment with interaction with many stakeholders inside and outside the organisation.
What we value in you
• Excellent organization skills and enthusiasm for supporting internal projects and senior leadership, bringing order and efficiency to critical internal initiatives
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; able to navigate complex situations with many different people and viewpoints. You’re open to new ideas and not afraid to learn from failure
• Capacity to learn new skills to deliver the most effective solutions, and understand, translate, and communicate concepts to others
• Sound judgment, with the ability to recognize inefficiencies within projects and quickly adapt to mitigate these
• Attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key project deliverables
• Have compelling data storytelling and data visualization skills
• Have industry experience in international supply chain management
• Interest in continuous improvement
• Tech savvy and strong excel skills
• Have strong stakeholder management skills
• Take ownership