NORDEN is looking for a Business Insights Partner to join the Finance Business Partnering team at our head office in Hellerup. Along with the rest of the team, the role will be essential in supporting the business by creating reports and analysis to empower the commercial business units and support functions to make the right data driven risk intelligent decisions.
The role is about business partnering and being a dedicated “Data Hero” who supports the NORDEN strategy by “treating data as an asset”. Working pro-actively to understand business needs and provide insights which enables quick decision making and increases our probability in making the right decisions within the departments; Dry Operator, Tanker Operator, Asset Management, Finance and HR.
What is in it for you:
- The opportunity to influence and enable the organisation to become even more data driven.
- Be a trusted sparring partner, who supports and advise on strategic and operational decision-making through analysis and recommendations that drive improved business performance.
- Be part of an informal and dynamic team in a flat organisation with a high focus on personal development and teamwork.
- Join a company with a long history, proud traditions, and a strong welcoming culture.
You will partner directly with the in-house commercial customers and support functions to understand the performance drivers and deliver analysis for improved decision-making including:
- Translating business needs into data requirements, analysis, visualization and reporting solutions
- Delivering reporting and analysis of data at the right frequency for business decisions, business review meetings and business planning.
- Develop, maintain, and follow up on KPI’s that supports the strategic goals for the individual business units/functions.
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting, validation, and analysis of performance data (inputs and outputs) in line with both Financial and Non-Financial KPI’s.
- Being the go-to person on ad-hoc reports and analysis on specific issues and recommendations.
- Implementing and educating end-users in gaining most possible value of the available or newly developed reports and analysis.
- Managing projects; from planning to documentation and working closely with both internal and external data warehouse developers.
Preferable you have some years of relevant work experience within the shipping industry with translating business needs into reporting and analysis. You probably come from a as similar role as e.g. Business Performance Manager or as Business Analyst with a similar area of responsibility. Besides this we expect you to:
- Have an analytical background and a degree within a relevant business education or equivalent.
- Be an expert in reporting and analysis by using Excel and Power BI. Experience with DAX and SQL.
- Experience with data from Navision or shipping systems like IMOS and PortLog is an advantage.
- Be known as a highly recognized for your business acumen and regarded as a trusted partner, who is curious and understand the needs of both operations and management.
- Find it interesting to build and maintain relationships.
- Communicating effectively and have the courage to challenge when needed.
- Speak and write English fluently and eligible to work in Denmark.
What we offer:
- Becoming a part of a Finance Business Partnering team with 6 dedicated colleagues, with diverse skills and experiences within areas like shipping, commercial understanding, BI, data processing, visualization and analysis, IT, project management, forecasting, finance and business controlling.
- A team who supports each other and collaborates about finding solutions to challenges and feels motivated by discovering suitable answers to our diverse variety of stakeholders.
- An exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment.
- A fun, informal and international working atmosphere with intelligent and passionate colleagues.
Dampskibsselskabet NORDEN A/S is a shipping company, which operates a modern, flexible, and competitive fleet globally within the dry cargo and tanker vessel types. NORDEN was founded in 1871 and is one of the world’s oldest listed shipping companies.
NORDEN has its head office in Hellerup, north of Copenhagen, and offices in Singapore, Shanghai, Annapolis, Rio de Janeiro, Limassol, Melbourne, Santiago, Vancouver, Mumbai and Ivory Coast. NORDEN has close to 400 office-based employees and around 700 seafarers on the Company’s owned vessels.
We work with a high degree of freedom with responsibility and support each other in our efforts to help NORDEN creating exceptional results. We have a truly unique culture, a network of helpful colleagues and a company trying to change the business of shipping by living our Corporate Soul Purpose:
“As custodians of smarter global trade, we are conscious, soulful people uniting a world, where every person and action matters.”