Do you enjoy working with data and how to translate it into insights, used for important decision-making? Are you a skilled data wizard with a commercial acumen? Do you enjoy working and collaborating with a large group of cross-functional and senior stakeholders? And do you like being part of a fun work environment? If so, we invite you to apply for this exciting role as Commercial Intelligence Analyst in Maersk Drilling’s Commercial Department.
As Commercial Intelligence Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a more data-driven approach to our commercial decision making
- Responsibility for maintaining and continuously developing our entire market intelligence machine
- Commercial analyses and reporting to our Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors
- Proactively identify and present analyses leading to new insights
- Contribute to our segmentation work (key customers, key markets, account planning)
- Collaborate closely with our other key internal stakeholders such as our Strategy team, Investor Relations, Advanced BI and Analytics team, Financial Planning & Analysis and our front-line Commercial Managers.
In Maersk Drilling, we are embarking on a truly exciting journey towards an accelerated commercial agenda. As Commercial Intelligence Analyst, you will form an integral part of the Commercial department which consists of more than 30 colleagues, and the Commercial Acceleration and Capabilities team where you will have three other colleagues.
The Commercial Acceleration and Capabilities team is accountable for Maersk Drilling retaining a professional and industry-leading commercial department, delivering best-in-class commercial performance within the strategy of our company. We have access to an enormous amount of market data which, when applied in the right way, will enhance our data-based decision making out in the front line. Your contributions will enable us to always be one step ahead of our competitors, maintaining our agility to respond instantly to changes in the market.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing 65 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
We are an international offshore oil and gas drilling company serving many of the major Exploration & Production companies of the world. Our values represent the backbone of our company. They have been the cornerstone of the success story that is Maersk since 1904.
Who we are looking for
You are highly organized and structured. Furthermore, you are a number cruncher, but with a commercial eye, and you also thrive in the front line, using your behind-the-screen analyses to drive business behaviors in the commercial team.
Additionally, you can agree to most of the following:
- 0-5 years’ experience in a Market or Commercial intelligence/Market insights/Commercial Intelligence Analyst role
- a strong commercial mindset and acumen
- emotional intelligence, displaying a high level of self-esteem and confidence while maintaining a humble demeanor
- a self-starter working with a high level of independence, remaining politely persistent, and having excellent time-management skills
- fluency in written and spoken English
- you are a collaborator with a We-win mindset as opposed to an I-win mindset
- strong analytical skills
- experience from the offshore oil & gas industry could be an advantage but is not a must
- and; you are getting things done!