As a Data Analyst, you will be charged with both strategic and hands-on data analysis.
On the strategic level, your work will inform decisions on where to focus our efforts and help us understand what is happening on our platform, how we interact with our community – and how the community interacts with us. Your analysis will be part of the basis for identifying challenges and how to address them through our Trust Strategy.
On the hands-on level, you will frequently be charged with specific “data forensics” tasks. The sources you’ll need to work with can range from the main DB, our data warehouse, and various system logs. The people you will collaborate with can range from Engineering, Product, BI, DevOps to multiple stakeholders across the organization.
These ad hoc data tasks will be varied in nature but almost always require fast output. Some will be straightforward and routine, while others will require iterations and creative thinking.
A curious and communicative individual who does not hesitate to take action
While driving alignments, we envision you also have great communication skills and the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders.
In addition to the listed competencies, we envision you have and can demonstrate:
- Engineering or Data Analytics background
- Significant understanding of SQL
- Experience in working with complex relational datasets
- Sufficient understanding of Elasticsearch
- You’re curious and engaged – if I haven’t given you a task, you will find a relevant one
- You’re creative – if the solution is not obvious, you dig, think, do, act, and create a path
- You’re communicative – if you’re stuck, you speak up
- You’re productive – you don’t mind solving set tasks, and you get stuff done
- You don’t overthink – if you want to know how far you can kick a ball, you kick the ball
- You’re not an asshole
Working at Vivino Trust Office
As the team grows, you’ll have the opportunity to choose in which direction you’d like to move:
- Specialist: You will have the opportunity to hone your skills within data analysis and – depending on your current level of experience – start at or move through levels of Junior, Senior, and Principal
- Manager: Over time, you can move into a team-manager role with direct reports
And of course, there will be opportunities across the rapidly growing Vivino organization that you are always welcome to pursue.