We are looking for experienced, self-driven Data Engineer. In this role, you will be building complex data engineering and business intelligence applications using AWS big data stack. You should have expertise and passion in working with large data sets, data visualization, building data pipelines, performance tuning, bringing data from disparate data stores and programmatically identifying patterns.
Role and responsibility
- Design, build and operationalize large scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of AWS data and analytics services in combination with 3rd parties – Spark, EMR, DynamoDB, RedShift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, Snowflake.
- Analyze, re-architect and re-platform on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on AWS cloud using AWS or 3rd party services.
- Design and build production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a big data architecture, using Java, Python, Scala.
- Design and implement data engineering, ingestion and curation functions on AWS cloud using AWS native or custom programming.
- Perform detail assessments of current state data platforms and create an appropriate transition path to AWS cloud.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant fields
- Excellent knowledge and experience of designing and developing data engineering systems from grounds up and maintaining/supporting existing systems.
- Excellent knowledge of ETL tools and various data processing techniques
- Excellent knowledge of data warehousing and big data design and concepts
- Has experience in any of the following AWS Athena and Glue Pyspark, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, Snowflake
- Proficient in AWS Redshift, S3, Glue, Athena, DynamoDB
- Experience in dealing with large and complex data sets and performance tuning
- Experience in designing data models that supports structures and unstructured data
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with business: technical and technical teams.
- Ability to deal with ambiguities and competing priorities.
Your new team
You will join a newly established and growing agile team of highly skilled professionals focused on Cloud and Data Capabilities at LEO Pharma’s headquarters in Ballerup, Greater Copenhagen. We design IT solutions across the global organization. We share a passion for taking advantage of the opportunities in IT and in the overall design and converting it to business benefits. Our work environment is characterized by knowledge sharing, open dialogue and room for having a good time together.
Join our mission to help more people achieve healthy skin
Hundreds of millions of people around the globe are suffering from an untreated skin disease. Helping these people to get a better life is what LEO Pharma is all about. By understanding their needs and wishes we will improve existing treatments and break new land to uncover the solutions of tomorrow. By joining LEO Pharma you will get the opportunity to create results, develop yourself among highly skilled colleagues while taking on our quest to become the preferred dermatology care partner improving people’s lives around the world and at the same time create profitable growth.