Nets powers payment solutions for an easier tomorrow for banks, businesses and consumers across Europe. We are a part of Nexi Group – The European PayTech.
Handling billions of transactions annually, Nets, is among the solid payment processors in Europe. We keep a tight focus on making it even easier and more intuitive for our customers to handle digital payments and related services. This has made us a trusted partner to more than 700,000 merchant outlets, including 140,000 online merchant outlets, more than 260,000 enterprises and over 250 banks across Europe.
Changing the future of payments takes great personalities
At Nets, you’ll develop in a fast-growing tech company in a high-paced, high-impact market. Working to shape the future of payments, it’s not just skills and motivation that gets the job done, it’s the full package that makes the difference. Together, we impact the lives of everyone around us by powering an easier tomorrow for every citizen, bank, business and colleague.
What powers you at work?
Are you enthusiastic about working with data in reporting and analytical solutions? And would you be excited to take a lead role within data engineering in productive agile teams? Then take this opportunity at Nets as Data Engineer and join an experienced team, where you’ll be allowed to facilitate and direct our use of agile principles and methods according to SAFe (Portfolio configuration).
You’ll be powering Data & Insights department, and your key responsibilities will include:
- Bringing about product development from MVP to full-fledged operational solutions
- Establishing data flows, transforming large data sets, building data models, enabling robust and scalable integration and provision of data towards customer solutions
- Responsibility across product teams in the Data & Insights department for maturing best practices and tools around agile product development
- Usage of agile principles and methods according to SAFe (Portfolio configuration).
As a Data Engineer, you’ll join an open and sharing community with highly skilled colleagues. You can come as you are and be at your best at Nets. You’ll find the freedom to balance an exciting job with life outside of work.
Skills, motivation and that little personal twist make you succeed
Your professional skills and experience form most of your qualifications, but it’s also your personality that makes the difference at Nets. At Nets, we are going all-in to establish agile best practices around product development and portfolio management, so we need a person who is a quick learner, motivated, result-oriented, highly analytical, and structured.
Your other qualifications include:
- Ideally, you have 8-10 years of experience with a broad and deep technical understanding in areas of BI, analytics, data platforms, architecture and governance.
- Potentially, you have been working with many of these technologies and tools:
- Big Data technologies like Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) including Apache Hive, Apache Spark, Hbase, Sqoop etc.
- CI/CD toolkit like Jenkins, Nexus
- Build Tools Maven, sbt.
- SQL and RDBMS like Oracle, SQL server
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Power BI / SAP Business Objects reporting tools
- You have a solution-oriented and analytical mindset, and you thrive working with complex end-to-end solutions and processes.
- You have competence to engage with stakeholders and facilitate a data assessment
- You are a team-oriented person, have great communication skills and have worked with both on-site and off-site development teams.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English is necessary.
Experience from the financial industry is beneficial but not a pre-requisite.