You will be part of the Service Delivery Platform which focuses on streamlining, optimizing, and automating container operations globally via advanced analytical software solutions.
You will join the Forecasting team based in Copenhagen, where we leverage data and machine learning to build reliable forecasts of future demand and customer behaviour.
As a Data Engineer in the Forecasting team you will have a central role in designing, building and maintaining data assets: historically accurate data used for predicting the future. You will be part of a strong engineering and data science team working together to build highly resilient, available, performant and maintainable software. There are a lot of interesting challenges ahead, and we need your help.
• Care about data. Think of it as a product that has to continuously evolve in order to improve. Use this to produce high-quality data assets as a foundation for our forecasting products by building and improving data pipelines on top of data from source systems.
• Have a continuous focus on providing business value, while ensuring technical sustainability (including maintainability, reliability, performance, and availability).
• Work with data and analytics experts to expand the functionality and possible use cases for our historical datasets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Work with relevant stakeholders to find the right solutions to the right problems at the right time.
• Promote and drive adoption of cutting-edge data engineering practices within the team.
We are looking for
• You are motivated by ensuring the datasets you work on model the domain accurately, provide maximum value for the consumers and enable more business value.
• You care about proper engineering culture and like to follow functional data engineering practices
• You have an agile mindset and a learning mentality.
• You have lots of experience with Python/Pandas and Pyspark (or similar technologies) and are comfortable dealing with complex systems.
• You can understand and express yourself in some SQL flavour, but it’s not your first choice.
• You are collaborative by nature, care about others and are a general force for good.