The Novo Nordisk Foundation is looking for a Data Manager to join our Impact team.
We are offering a unique opportunity to be part of our Impact team. The strategy of Impact is to develop excellent novel and research-based analysis of funding science, education, innovation and capacity building, and to disseminate results that can shed light on the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s impact on society. The Impact team also provides Novo Holdings with data-based analytics which can support investment decisions.
“The purpose of impact assessment is to monitor the Foundation’s strategic goals, to enable fact-based communication to society and to create new knowledge on the impact of research funding: what works and what does not” (Thomas Alslev Christensen, Senior Vice President, Impact, Novo Nordisk Foundation)
As Data Manager you will be part of all aspects of linking technical requirements, data management and business needs. This means contributing to the implementation of an excellent framework to monitor, assess and manage the impact of the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s grants for research, innovation, education, humanitarian and social causes and other purposes. Your tasks will include:
- Transforming data into a frame that allows for analyses and management of the key impact and outcomes of the overall grant-giving activities
- Assisting the Impact team with data analysis, data processing, text mining and text analysis
- Extracting data using advanced SQL queries multiple databases and ensuring system-to-system integration
- Data modelling in Microsoft PowerBI and Microsoft Excel
- Creating dashboards to provide insights for various departments in the Novo Nordisk Foundation and in Novo Holdings
- Supporting and training users in correct usage of various databases
- Collaborating with the rest of the Impact team in achieving the department’s goals
You will be part of the Impact team that consist of 9 colleagues and will report to Thomas Alslev Christensen, Senior Vice President, Impact. We are an ambitious and professional team, with the common passion of supporting the vision of the Novo Nordisk Foundation to improve the lives of people and the sustainability of society.
Professional and Personal Qualifications
We are looking for a candidate who is motivated by working hands-on with data science and developing their professional experience in close collaboration with a team of experts within their respective subject matter field within Impact assessment and data analyses. You have a minimum of 2 years of experience with data science, data analyses, modelling, and interpreting large data sets, with a background either as a Consultant or as Data Manager or Data Scientist in a public or private institution.
Furthermore, we expect that you have:
- A MSc or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Social Science or equivalent
- Expertise in analyzing, modelling, and interpreting large data sets
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with Python and SQL
- Broad experience with data science, including text mining
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in Danish and English
- A strong ability to collaborate and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive mindset and are motivated by working in a sometimes-unpredictable environment
- A change-oriented and a positive attitude and innovative approach to tasks
- A team player approach and thrives in a collaborative working environment
- Enthusiasm for learning and developing yourself professionally and personally
Working at the Novo Nordisk Foundation
We offer a committed and professional workplace in which we emphasize ensuring that our colleagues thrive, are challenged and have opportunities to develop their potential. A career at the Novo Nordisk Foundation gives you the opportunity to work:
- on important projects that benefit society;
- with key actors within research and development in Denmark;
- and as part of a dedicated team that is passionate about creating value for society.