We are looking for a Data Scientist based out of Copenhagen that has the experience and skills to take us to the next level, but buying into the above and having a “we” approach to your job is an absolute must. Perfect, you are on board with that as well. Let’s dive a bit deeper into the role.
As a Data Scientist in Risika, you will be working with large amounts of Financial and company data. You will get to work closely with the development of our Data Science Pipeline in a production level environment. This includes everything from the IT-infrastructure and scalability of our pipelines to feature and model-development!
We would like you to
- Feel comfortable with taking ideas to action in the least possible time
- Have a broad background with statistics and machine learning
- Help us understand the data that we get and convert it into value
- Expand and develop our machine learning models and pipelines in a production environment
- Take responsibility of models deployed in production (including troubleshooting and maintenance)
- Be comfortable with being on a scaleup journey where things can be a bit chaotic at times
- Believe and enjoy that data preparation and preprocessing is just as important as creating the actual models
- An understanding of financial statements and models – this is not a must but a great plus
What we would like you to have
- Experience from a similar role and it would be amazing if you have a master’s degree in computer science, statistics, physics, mathematics or equivalent
- Experience with processing and working with real-world data, and intuition with identifying and mitigating potential data and modelling bias.
- Experience with neural networks and other machine learning techniques
- Great programming skills in Python and SQL
- Experience with production level code
- A driven approach to your work and being okay with taking responsibility
- An open minded approach to coaching and willingness to always learn new things
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and other languages are just a huge plus
You’ll probably have some other topics and ideas that we need to solve and that’s why the above bullets are what we imagine the main focus would be but we expect that you lay down the cards and help us understand what we need to focus on achieving our goals.
Currently, our Data Science department consists of three people. We have 8 models in production delivering automated risk-assessments or probability of distress in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and the United Kingdom.
What you can expect from us
Of course we offer all the lovely benefits like an awesome location in the heart of Copenhagen, flexible working hours, lunch and all of that good stuff. But the most important part is that we offer you the opportunity to join a one of a kind startup journey where you can create real impact (not just the buzz word kind of impact but real impact where you take full responsibility of your area of expertise) and work together with the friendliest and brightest minds in the industry.
In 2017 a small group of FinTech nerds from Copenhagen hatched a vision to challenge the faceless and old-school status quo within the exotic industry of financial risk management. We leverage machine learning to help companies predict paying and non-paying customers, while delivering more ideal customers, through the Risika platform. Our ever growing collection of nerdy teamplayers has origins in auditing, sales, data and computer science, all gathered to make sure that our solutions are as flexible, automated, and reliable as possible. We are trusted by more than 1000 finance and sales professionals across the Nordics, and we are closing in on 100 champagne celebrations since we started – a ritual that manifests our triumph virtue.